v8.1.6.0 washed out video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) v8.1.6.0 washed out video

I am wondering if anyone has experienced conversions which appear to have a washed out look > lacking strong colour. It could well be my setup > at the moment I have been running with DXVA and Turbo cpu on. I have noticed if I turn off Turbo CPU the time for conversion nearly quadruples so as yet I have not tried this option.

Could this be the cause? Am I pushing too hard? i would prefer to sacrifice the quick times for better quality if necessary but I am hoping there may be another setting I might need to tweek to get the better quality and still retain the quick times.

Have also read in one of the forums that enabling 2nd pass does nothing to improve things in DVD Fab > infact leaving it on one pass was apparently the best option.

My sytem specs are I5 o/c 3600, Win 7pro 64bit,Gigabyte HD6870o/c, 12 gig ram. Have installed latest drivers and AMD codec pack for video card.

I have previously used Rip Bot for BD conversion and the results have been excellent although very slow and required using extra apps (bdinfo / tmuxer) from time to time on some movies. DVD Fab also appears to be the only software available that will maintain full DTS HD audio.

Any advise guys?

Hi Garry E
    I have seen this before my self, but was the settings for my Nvidia card.

I think that your problem may be using DXVA, try converting a chapter from a movie and use software settings to see if you still have washed out colors.

Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi Garry E
      I have seen this before my self, but was the settings for my Nvidia card.

I think that your problem may be using DXVA, try converting a chapter from a movie and use software settings to see if you still have washed out colors.

Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, put a check in Disable all GPU codes and make sure they are set to Software, restart Fab and try again.
      CBR929
      Thanks CBR929. Pretty sure you have nailed it. Funny though > it seems to work ok sometimes with DXVA and other times not. Happy to still have lightning recode and turbo cpu working. They make much more difference than DXVA anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X