Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping blurays to mkv

Hi all

i've recently noticed ripping one movie to an mkv (using standard remux profile) is now taking upwards of 8 hours! It used to take about 1.5 hours - anyone else having the same issue?

Hi rgill90
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal logand post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

ok cbr239 - should be attached here. you'll notice from the log I've resorted to full disc rips for the moment instead - on a few occasions i've let the mkv.remux run for the full 9ish hours on others i've just cancelled.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

BD to MKV Rips

Strange --- Once I have copied the 'Main Movie' from BD to the local HDD (The actual copy process of the Main Movie from BD to HDD takes approx 70% of the total running time, so for a 2 hour BD , copying to HDD takes maybe 1.5 hours...) it then only takes perhaps 10 minutes for a rip the copied BD from the HDD to MKV format.

Comment

good to know, whaleshark - but what formats and what profiles are you using at each stage?

Comment

Profiles etc

Hi -- The first stage is to copy the 'Main Movie' to the HDD using 'Blue-ray Copy' --- If you do not have the license for this module the program will prompt you to use the free 'HD Decrypter' which will do a good job of copying the main movie to the HDD. I use CUDA for DECODE and SOFTWARE (Lightning Recoding ENABLED) for ENCODE - this normally gives me copy speeds of average 16 to 18 MB/s (Starts slow and slowly rises)

Once this has been completed, I then use the BD Ripper module using the MKV Remux profile which takes about 10 to 12 minutes to complete at a speed of approx 42 MB/s

I also use the PS3 profile (Again CUDA for DECODE and SOFTWARE (Lightning Recoding ENABLED) for ENCODE which takes around 75% of the total movie run time to complete at speeds of approx 33 FPS

Hope this helps

Comment

ok, thanks for that - i'll try it that way in the meantime. Anyway it is a little strange - must be a new feature on the new builds as the bluray ripping option straight to mkv using mkv.remux used to take about 1.5 hours.

Will be interested to see if CBR329 comes back with anything or suggestions as well.

Thanks again, both!

Comment

Hi rgill90
                whaleshark's comment is right on mark as to how we suggest to do this process.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

ok cheers - i mean - i will try it that way but something must have changed in the builds as i've previously always done bluray main movie using bluray ripper to mkv using mkv.remux profile - always taken under two hours and i've been using that method to do around 150 movies - now its quoting upwards of 13 hours! I've even gone back and redone some blurays which previously took about 1.5 hours - now we're up to 13.

Oh well - don't get me wrong - thanks for the reponses but something's definitly changed in the build / profiles. if the above method works i'm fine with it.

Comment

Rgill90, check your drive controllers in device manager, even if you have SATA drives if the BIOS has setup the controllers as IDE the controller can revert to PIO mode. This will cause a dramatic slowdown. May not be the problem but it won’t hurt to check.
                    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to respond, 90312. I am however using a mac with parrallels running a windows xp virtual machine - (must email support about getting my licesnes reissued for mac i think!)

Anyway, I've just ripped the whole bluray using the bluray copy section to HDD, then loaded the file structure into bluray ripper, selected mkv.remux - we're 20 mins in, 0.05% done and 8 meg written.....think that rules out any hardware issue. Very strange....and its only since the first upgrade i've done this year (release around mid-january time i think)

Comment

If I had known it was a mac I would not have wasted your time, I've never even seen a mac up close

Albert Einstein

Comment

By the way there is a release today with several fixes, get here and give it a try: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...592#post111592

Albert Einstein

Comment

....just did a test - this time chose m2ts format with profile m2ts.remux - its flying at around 23 MB/s compared to mkv.remux - 1 minute in and 20% is done!!

cancelled and now back to mkv.remux - very very slow - its actually not moving passed 0.08% - seemes to have given up. Time remaining is apparently 00:00:00 !!

Really need to confirm whether I've unearthed a general problem with recent build or is issue specific to me. Using version 8.1.6.1. Anyone willing to give it a go?

Comment

90312 - have a coconut on me.

Installed the new build and I'm back to last years MB/s and throughput with mkv.remux. Rockin. One happy customer again.

Comment

Working...
                              X