This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong codce when using mobile to generics

I can rip full DVDs to DVD5 and saved to my hard drive, and burn to DVD and play on my Philips HDS3555, with no problem.I can rip DVD using DVD to mobile iPod/iPhone and watch with no problem, but when I use generic avi.xvid or any other of the generic settings, the audio was okay but am told DVD player does not support codce.

Stand alone DVD player? buy one that supports that type of file. If you meant on your computer install software such as VLC media player that will play the files or install a codec package.

Comment

Well, there's your problem resolved then !!!!

Either get a player that will play the files or research your player and find out what actual codecs that it will support and find a profile to match.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have no problem with any DVD that I rip with DVD Fab into a DVD5, I can play it on my computer with VLC player or one my Philips DVD player, I can play any DVD converted to DVD to mobile with the iPod/iPhone conversion, but any generic conversion than I do
        will only play on the computer with VLC player, no video only audio on the Philips DVD player, wrong codec, if the first two will play why not the third.

Comment

Because whatever codec is in the profile you are using is not supported on the set top box.

Try using the generic.mp4.h264.aac profile as it seems fairly close to the iPhone profile.

I would also try the generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X