X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vob passthrough with command line

Hello,

Does anyone knows how to start dvdfab with the command line and with the vob passthrough profile?

The command line option /MODEdoesn't have a vob mode.
    I've tried /MODE GENERIC /PROFILE and specify the profile vob.passthrough but it doesn't work.

thank you.

Originally posted by sp1 View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone knows how to start dvdfab with the command line and with the vob passthrough profile?

The command line option /MODEdoesn't have a vob mode.
    I've tried /MODE GENERIC /PROFILE and specify the profile vob.passthrough but it doesn't work.

thank you.
    I'm sorry but I can't help you here.

I cannot be bothered using the command line as I can do everything I need from the GUI hence I have no experience with it and I think the majority of the mods/users are the same.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello,

thanks for answering.
      I too prefer gui, but when you have many dvd to process, the gui just gets in the way. Having a script that does the passthrough would help a lot.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

I much prefer queueing multiple tasks up in the GUI and let it run overnight. Very easy.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello,

o.k., so I have 20+ dvd with multiple episodes (+ - 4 episodes) on each dvd.
          How can I automate:
          -automatically select all titles/episodes of dvd that are 40+ minutes long?
          -create single vob for each episode.

Thanks.

Comment

Yep, you sure can. If you select them all, you can open the queue and see them all there.

I first rip the DVD's to my hard disk and then I can also queue up multiple DVDs also.

Comment

Hello,

O.k. so I'm a bit thick or missing something.
              Do you have a step by step?

right now this is what happens:
              -insert a dvd

-start program

-make sure "dvd to mobile is selected" and VOB are selected

-title(angle) selected by default is the longest one. That is not entirely correct, I want ALL titles that are longer than x minutes selected automatically. So I select them manually. In this case is title 1,2. Next dvd it could be 1,5,7 or just title 3 ...who knows.

-profile is vob.passthrough

-click start. ---> 1st dvd done, I have 2 vobs one for each episode.

-eject dvd

-insert new dvd

-title (angle) selected is again wrong. It selected automatically ONLY the longest title. I wanted all title above certain minutes of length. Again I'm forced to select manually, in this new dvd it's title 1,2,3,4.

-etc....

When you have many dvd's 20+ to put to your media/hometheater this get's painful.

How would you automate this?

Having a script that would do it automatically would help alot.
              I've tried but it doesn't work: DVDFab.exe /mode generic /src x /dest y /title mintime 40 /profile vob.passthrough /close
              ------------/src x =x being source path
              ------------/dest y = y being destination path
              ------------/title mintime 40 = automatically select titles that are at mininum 40 minutes long
              ------------/profile vob.passthrough = use vob passthrough profile
              ------------/close = close program when done

Thank you.

Comment

As I said, I usually rip ALL the DVD's that I want to process to my hard disk for a couple of reasons.

Let's take my 24 -Season One set that I have just done as an example:-

Firstly, check that the your target device is listed on the left hand pane once you click on the DVD to Mobile option in the left hand pane of the Fab window.

In Settings (little green tick mark at top right of the Fab window), set the "Create files in subfolder of output directory" to "OFF"

Also, in Settings_>DVD to DVD set the Default output size as "DVD9" and the Default output type as "DVD Folder" and close down Fab.

Then create a directory where you will want the ripped DVD to go. I used C:\DVD Rips\24.

Reasons behind this process.

I have always subscribed to the "Do it once and do it right" theory and have come up with this procedure after literally years of bitter experience. The reasons that I ALWAYS rip to the hard disk first are:-

The conversion process is quite long (can be roughly the running time of the title) depending on the power of your computer and a DVD is continually being accessed if used as the source.

This can create overheating problems, especially in slimline external drives or drives in portables and this will manifest itself in playback glitches or audio sync problems in the converted file.

Fab can also be set up to do batch processing but the media must always be available to it, so I can set up a queue to do 5-6 DVD's overnight.

Also, I tend to do different conversions of most titles (eg: Media Player & cellphone) and this way the source is always available to me.

Doing the process this way is generally quicker than encoding from the original DVD. Ie: the rip time + the conversion time using the hard disc as the source is less that the conversion time from the original DVD.

Stage 1: Rip the DVD to a folder.

Start Fab.

Choose DVD to DVD on the left hand panel of the Fab window.

Select the directory where you ripped the DVD to in the source

Insert the DVD in the drive and wait for Fab to recognise it as the source.

Select the directory that you have created as the target where you want the ripped DVD to go.

Select Full Disc mode on the left hand panel of Fab.

Check that the DVD9 setting has been maintained at the bottom of the Fab window and just above that, check that the Volume Label is what you want. Take care here because a lot of older releases used to have something like "DVD_VIDEO" as the volume label and you will overwrite any previous rips with the same name.

Once the rip is done, a subfolder with the name of the "Volume Label" will be created in the output directory.

As I said above, I generally do this to multiple DVD's for later processing at about 10-15mins per title.

Stage 2: DVD to Mobile Conversion

Click on DVD to Mobile on the left hand pane of the Fab window.

Click on the device that you wish to make the file for on the left hand pane.

In the "Source" bar at the top of the Fab Window to navigate to the subdirectory where the DVD was ripped to. Fab will then parse the structure and usually choose the longest title as the main movie. If you are encoding a series DVD, you will need to choose the individual titles which you will be able to recognise by the length. Fab chooses the longest title by default. It is only 3-4 clicks to select the titles. NB: the titles may not necessarily be in the order of the DVD play and this is just down to poor authoring of the original.

In the "Target" bar at the top of the window, navigate to disc/directory where you want the encoded file(s) to finish.

You can then open the queue to fine tune the settings of each encode but I will not discuss that here as it is a whole topic in itself.

When all ready to go, press the start button and come back later to find it all done.

You can queue up multiple dvd's fom the hard disc like this for overnight processing by just selecting anothe source directory eg Disk 1, Disk 2, Disk 3, etc

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X