Dragon Ball GT Season Two Crashes When Ripping AVIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Dragon Ball GT Season Two Crashes When Ripping AVIs

I've had a number of issues with this. Since each disc is authored to have only one title, I've had to go through and manually adjust the chapters multiple times to get the episodes broken up into individual files.

I went through the first 5 discs of Season One with not a single problem. Then when I hit Season Two I had a number of problems with particular episodes. Some of the episodes on some discs worked fine but on the same disc others wouldn't work.

For example: disc 3, episode 49 (chapters 1-5) does not work but disc 3, episode 50 (chapters 6-10) works fine, and disc 3 episode 51 (chapters 11-15) does not work.

When it doesn't work it just crashes the program entirely.

I can rip these episodes to VOB with no problem. MKV also doesn't seem to work on these chapters, but works okay on others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi chefelf
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Oh, sorry. Here's the log!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi chefelf
        Have you tried it with the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17023

Do you also have the option to use DVD copy?

If you do not have the option you can still use the free HD decrypter to do this as long as you do not compress the content.

First save it to your HDD as DVD9 "Main Movie" using DVD Copy without compression.
        Then open the hard drive folder and use the folder on your HDD to do your converting.
        Doing it this way saves wear and tear on your optical drive and is also faster.

Give it a try and post back
        CBR929

EDIT You could also try turning off Path player in Fabs settings.
        This can also be poor authoring of the disc itself.
        Last edited by CBR929; 03-23-2012, 11:53 PM. Reason: EDIT
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you for the advice! I'm actually using the most recent version of DVDFab (I updated it as soon as I started having problems).

I will try copying to my HDD and then ripping and see if that works.

Thanks again!

Comment

Oops! I didn't realize there was another new release out. They come out so often!

Okay, so I installed the new version and tried to rip the AVI. No luck.

I then used DVD Copy to rip to the hard drive then rip the AVI that way. No luck either. Crashed both times.

I tried turning off Path Player as well. No luck and

It should be mentioned that I've had no problem ripping this entire DVD as one AVI file. It's just that it's really annoying to have 5-7 episodes in one file.

Alternatively I'd be interested in a way of splitting an AVI (with .sub and .idx files). I just haven't found an easy way of doing that.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Hi, chefelf.
              Which version of it? Would you please give a buy link here?
              Thanks.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

It's this version here: http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-GT...2847731&sr=8-1

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi, chefelf

Please try the latest build 8175, we have fixed the crash error with Dragon Ball.

Please tell us the result!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you so much! That did it. Working perfectly now for the Dragon Ball GT DVDs. I ripped 3 of the problem episodes with no trouble at all.

Strangely, I'm still having the subtitle problem with The Dragon Ball Z DVDs I noted in this post: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=17107

Again, I've previously ripped the Dragon Ball Z DVDs with an older version of DVDFab with no issues at all. The only thing is I'd ripped it as one large file. I'm trying to rip it again into individual episodes.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
                    X