Nook Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Nook Tablet?

Is there a way to rip movies for play on the new nook tablets? Getting ready to go on vacation and want to load the kids up for the flight. Thanks!

quindao, use generic.mp4.h264.aac profile and they'll play fine. Do not exceed frame resolution of 854x480 or the movie will not be supported and I advise ear buds or headphones, sound is not one of the Nook's big things.

I should add the default audio of the profile won't work for the Nook, set to stereo @ 160kbps.
    Last edited by 90312; 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I also advise increasing the volume when you rip the movie. I have a Nook Color (Tablet's slightly smaller brother) and I found I had to increase the volume to about 150% to be able to hear over outside noise, with headphones. The speakers on the Nook aren't much better.

Comment

Nook hd

I have a NOOK HD and I have searching the Forum for the best profile to use for the DVD ripper. I haven't been able to get any of the solutions posted to work. Most of the posts are for the older Nook Color. I recently downloaded DVDFav9.0.3.8 which has been modified from previous versions. Any suggestions on a selected profile? I've tried the MP4.h264.acc and the iPod Touch, neither of which would play on the Nook HD. I can play them back on my desktop, so I know the program is working properly. Although, I can't figure out how to stop the subtitles on this version.

Comment

Try mkv.h264.aac and do not exceed 800x600 resolution and see what happens. Should be supported.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Or get a vid that WILL play and import the profile into Fab.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Nook hd

I imported a profile from a version of Tron Legacy that I ripped with a previous version of DVDFab. I am able to get the Tron video to play on the Nook. I ripped one of the previews from the Avengers movie using the exact profile and loaded it on the Nook. I receive a message that the Nook is "Unable to play the video at this time". Below are the specs for the Tron video:
              Kind: MPEG-4 video file
              Size: 584.2 MB
              Bit Rate: 93 kbps
              Date Modified: 10/21/2012 8:51 AM
              Profile: Low Complexity
              Channels: Stereo
              Encoded with: Lavf52.78.4
              Video Dimensions: 480x320 (low quality on the Nook HD)
              Total Bit Rate: 632 kbps
              Video Codec: H.264

I can't find the mkv.h264.aac profile on DVDFab 9.0.3.8 to see if it will work

Comment

If you want to try it you can find it like so:
                Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nook hd

Okay, thanks for the screenshot. I found the profile, although it turned out to be a file format that the Nook couldn't read. I was successful when I used the MP4.h264.aac format. I unchecked the de-interlacing box and set the resolution to 720X404. Under the Audio tab, I checked stereo and changed the bit-rate to 256 kbs. I also raised the audio to 150%. Looks and sounds good even through the external speaker.

Comment

I guess they lie in their documentation! I'm glad you found something that works for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I think I discovered a glitch in the advances settings tabs. When I adjust the audio settings to 'stereo' at any kbps setting, I find that the software doesn't retain the settings if I flip to another tab prior to saving the settings. It will default back to a 'dolby pro logic II' at 128 kbps setting. It will not allow me to change and retain the default setting to one that works for my Nook. If I change the audio last and click 'OK' and then start, the program will rip to the settings that I have chosen. A programmer might wish to check on this.

Comment

I just got a Nook HD+ (9 inch screen). I found that the profile for the Samsung Galaxy Note i9220 works perfectly on this new Nook.

Comment

Working...
                        X