Latest DVDFab Release (8.1.7.1) Subtitles Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Latest DVDFab Release (8.1.7.1) Subtitles Not Working

Another in a long line of issues I'm having with the latest DVDFab (Beta 8.1.7.1).

I've been trying to rip DVDs of Dragon Ball Z. When I rip them the SUB and IDX file save and look to be the right size. However, when I play the ripped AVI no subtitles are displayed.

I have ripped these exact same DVDs before with older versions of DVDFab with no issues. I'm trying to rip again to divide them up into individual episodes.

Just to be sure I tried ripping all the episodes as one file (like I had previously) and this still resulted in appropriately sized SUB and IDX files but no subtitle playback.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

First of all, what are you trying to play them back with?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've tried with VLC and XBMC. Both applications play other titles fine with subtitles including this same disc ripped with a previous version of DVDFab.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi, chefelf

I have tried ripper Disc-1 to avi and play it by VLC, the subtitle is fine.
        Please try the latest build! If still have not the subtitle, please tell us more info and post your log file!

Thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I tried it again with the latest build and still no subtitles. I'm posting my log file.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi chefelf
            Not sure if this may help, but try enabling Path Player in Fab settings.
            Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab and try again.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I was hopeful to give this a try but it still didn't work. I'm playing with VLC and it plays subtitles fine on all the recent Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT episodes I've ripped. It also works fine on all the older Dragon Ball Z episodes I ripped. But nothing now.

I've checked the IDX and SUB files and both seem to be of appropriate size (7.88K and 516K respectively).

Any other ideas?

Comment

Working...
              X