Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Cropping Problems

Hi,

I performed a test rip/encode from an SD DVD to the DVDFab Video Player profile and decided that due to the small screen size to crop the black bars and then zoom the picture up to fill the screen, which is basically 16:9.

I created a file size of 800x450 (near enough 16:9), used the crop functions and zoomed in until the output preview showed just what I wanted.

However on playback on the device it would appear that the cropping functions have had no effect whatsoever as I still have black borders and the original aspect ratio of the source (2.35:1) on the resultant encoded video!

Is there a specific order I need to do things in to get this to work or have I missed something fundamental in my approach?

Other than that, the encode looks great on the video player

Many thanks

Andrew

Hi,

Since of the DVD original resolution is 720x480, it's 720x300~380 without black borders when auto crop by dvdfab. when You customized size 800x450, you added the black borders manually.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X