This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync issue with Grey's Anatomy S2 (R1)

I've been slowly ripping my DVD collection over the last year and encoding into XVID AVI files to play on my Popcorn NMT and have hit a problem.

When I rip Grey's Anatomy Season 2 (Region 1 DVD set) and encode it, as always, with AGK, the sound is out of synch with the picture

It's the first time this has happened and I've ripped and encoded well over 400 DVDs this way already.

I only rip the main titles for movies and rip each episode of a series into a separate directory and then encode with AGK.

I've tried ripping with PathPlayer disabled but it made no difference so I've set it back to always enabled.

I'm using DVD Fab (purchased) 6.2.0.5 and the PC is an Intel E6600 with 4gb RAM running XP Pro and ripping with a LG HL-DT-ST DVD drive on SATA. The PC has been the same for the last year although the SATA DVD was added 6 months ago and has ripped 200+ DVDs successfully since then.

I've attached the dvdfab_burn_vso.log file - it's the only log file I have.

I'd appreciate any help
    Attached Files

Try playing the rip with VLC Player, Free download, just Google it.

If the sync is OK there, the problem lies within AutoGordianKnot and you may have better luck on the Videohelp forums.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The ripped VOBs play in-sync on the PC using VLC 1.03
      The encoded AVI is out of synch on the PC using both Windows Media Player and VLC.
      The encoded AVI is also out of synch on the Popcorn.

I've posted on the Videohelp forums but if anyone else here has suggestions, let me know.

Comment

Have you tried any other encoders?

DVD Fab's own "DVD to Mobile" immediately comes to mind but I do suspect that this is one of those funny disks that come to light from time to time and it appears to be something wrong in the authoring.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'd not tried DVD Fab for encoding so activated my trial and gave it a go... and the AVI is in synch.

Which means the problem must be with AGK, with little hope of a solution there, with it not being developed any more

Again, thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Comment

Well, you have thirty days to make up your mind...

Comment

thread moved to correct section

Comment

Working...
              X