Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Looking for some guidance

Hi

I'm sure that this is just some option or something that I don't understand but I am getting frustrated and looking for direction. First my System (Win 7 X64 Home, DVDFab 8.1.7.8, Intel Q9660, 3.5GHZ, 8GB Crucial DDR2, DVDFab is installed on an Intel SSD and I have two Lite-On Has24 DVD drives). I have been a DVDFab user for several years and have a lifetime registration for DVD Copy and the program has always worked very well for me. I bought an iPad in March and recently a Seagate WiFi drive and decided that I would like to convert some of my movies to iPad format and load them into my Seagate. So I purchased a lifetime registration for DVD Ripper and I have yet to successfully convert a movie, I have tried more than a dozen so far but the process runs for a while and just stops (that is it gets to a certain point on the disc and just sits there). It fails at different points on different discs. All of the rips I tried at first were from original discs (not copies). I tried using the presets for the iPad and iPad3 both H264 and MP4 but they all fail. I don't get an error report it just stops. Because I have had these discs for a while sitting in cases I even tried copying one with the Fab copy program, it copied fine and when I tried to rip the copy it failed just like the others. I thought maybe it might have something to do with the new license code that I put in, so I uninstalled Fab ran CCleaner on my registry and reinstalled but still no luck.

This is one of the failures for Casablanca

SOURCE FILE TYPE: VOB
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 640X480
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3
    DVDFab VERSION: 8.1.7.8
    DVDFab PROFILE: iPad h264
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: 720X540
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1399 KBS
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Attached Files

Try ripping the movie to the hard drive using DVD Copy and then to iPad using the hard drive folder as the source. Something is causing a communication breakdown between the software and the optical drive.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply, after reading some of the other threads I discovered that the recommended fix involves using Ver. 8.0.8.5 which I am trying as I write this and it seems to be chugging along. Film at 11

Comment

I hope it works for you but the logs don't look like the same issue to me?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Well it did work for Casablanca, but I'm curious to see what will happen with something that has copy protection that came after 8.0.5.8. I have to say that I always felt that the money I spent for my Fab Copy program was a great deal but I'm a little disappointed that they have not been able to fix this rather serious flaw and are still charging top dollar for Ripper. I hope they are working on it. I will have more time tomorrow to try some other movies and see what happens. Thanks again.

Tom

Comment

Well I had a little more time to play tonight and I tried two more oldies The Thing From Another World and The Maltese Falcon both of which I previously had been unable to rip and 8.0.8.5 just ran right through them. Then I decided to try Ghost Protocol and no surprise 8.0.8.5 was unable to read it, so I switched to 8.1.7.8 and it ripped it just fine. I don't know exactly what the criteria is that differentiates the discs but it definitely exists. I guess I will just keep both versions installed for now and hope that a fix will be forthcoming.

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X