Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Unsuccesful rip / no sound

Hi there,

I used your free software to rip a pre-owned dvd. It seemed to go ok but when I played it back there was no sound with it. Also - there was a big "DVD Fab" title/logo at certain parts of the playback. Can anyone advise?

thanks.

Originally posted by clark33 View Post
    Hi there,

I used your free software to rip a pre-owned dvd. It seemed to go ok but when I played it back there was no sound with it. Also - there was a big "DVD Fab" title/logo at certain parts of the playback. Can anyone advise?

thanks.
    Hi clark33
    We will need more information than what you have given.
    Please post as much information that you can in this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=542
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The logo will appear in all rips of the "FREE/TRIAL" versions. To get rid of it, buy the product and you will have to rip again.

What sound track and format did you select and how are you attempting to play the file back? Download and install VLC as it will play everything even thoug a PC's codec installation may be borked.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I tried the DVD to DVD copy and was able to get my DVD into an ISO that will play through VLC. The only thing thats annoying me is that the file size is working out at around 4.xGB per dvd. Do I have to make an ISO each time before converting the ISO to avi, mp4 or mkv for examle? whats the best file type to use?

Comment

clark33,
          no, you don't have to copy your DVD to iso. You can copy to a folder as well. Not that this will make any difference...

whats the best file type to use?
          It depends of what you going to do with this file, what device you'll use to play it, what formats your device supports, etc. etc.

sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
          X