Unable to rip VC1/1080i Title Justin Timberlake Concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Unable to rip VC1/1080i Title Justin Timberlake Concert

Im unable to rip/convert a title encoded in vc1/1080i to mkv or any other format. For these types of titles i have found that what works best with no audio sync issues is to use the mkv.h264 audiocopy profle and to disable to gpu decoding in the settings and 99.9% have had no issues doing it this way for vc1/1080i until today. When i try this now on this specific title all elapsed time counters are progressing forward except for percentage complete and time left counter stays locked at 0.00% with no progress at all.

If i open the m2ts file directly in windows media player i get blank screen no sound and no audio, if i open it it Media Player Classic i get blank screen but it does show time length of movie, no audio or picture. If i open file in vlc i get audio and picture but picture is garbled, however if if i open the iso in powerdvd9 it plays fine or if i open the file directly via powerdvd9 it plays correctly.

The title im trying to convert is Justin Timberlake, Futuresex-Loveshow concert. I have attached the edited internal log and mediainfo. I also was trying to get the Dolby Digital 5.1 track during the audiocopy and had only selected that audio track as the others were pcm and one was over 4 gig.
    Attached Files

curt,
    I'm pretty sure your problem is PCM audio. Unfortunately, in my experience, DVDFab can't handle this format right. Simplest solution is to select AC3 audio stream instead of PCM
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the reply however i did select and check the ac3 track. One thing i did notice was that after i set the profile to be used and its settings, and get back to the main selection list to click the start button, that somehow the pcm track was selected again by default and i had to manually check on the ac3 track, like it did not want to let me select the ac3 track. I then clicked the ac3 track to the left of the selection box to get the green arrow.

I also have not found a profile yet that would allow me to just rip the video itself then i could later demux the ac3 track and remux them together after conversion to h.264 manually

Comment

curt,
        if you familiar with muxing/remuxing process and not afraid of doing that, I would suggest to do following:
        (a) download and install tsMuxerGUI (freeware, google for it)
        (b) open your file with tsMuxer, select streams you want (video and AC3 audio) and remux it into:
        (aa) m2ts, if you want to use DVDFab Video converter for compression/encoding, or
        (bb) Blu-ray disk, if you want to use DVDFab Blu-ray ripper for compression/encoding.
        I personally prefer to use Ripper...
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

IPopov50,

yea thanks, actually i thought of that idea after my last post of doing it that way using tsMuxerGui into new m2ts file and then converting that one. I have used the tool many times before when i had issues with BDRipper not handling rips with bonus view embedded video or some other issue like getting the pcm stream in its raw format and then use another free tool to remux into mkv format. Will have to try that out sometime tomorrow and let u know how it turns out.

I also prefer to use Bluray ripper but that tool has come in handy many times when i ran into issues with bd ripper.

Comment

IPopov50,

So far that method not working either, i got a new m2ts file created with just the ac3 track, then used video converter to convert it to mkv and mp4, both failed with no progress at all so i had to cancel it. A snippet from the logs shows

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 08.35s: info: create config(3)
            0m 08.35s: info: convert profile(generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy)
            0m 08.35s: info: file (m2ts),3D(0)
            0m 08.35s: info: streams((0.2)(1.1))
            0m 08.56s: info: set output video frame_rate(30000/1001)
            0m 08.56s: info: enable multi-thread software decoder
            0m 09.57s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(40) bitrate(13074)
            0m 56.65s: ------ cancel all mobile work -------

now only player that shows it fine is powerdvd9, vlc player shows it but the video is slightly pixelated. MediaInfo on the new m2ts file shows:

General
            ID : 1 (0x1)
            Complete name : Z:\Main18\Test\00007.m2ts
            Format : BDAV
            Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
            File size : 31.0 GiB
            Duration : 2h 14mn
            Overall bit rate : 33.0 Mbps
            Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
            ID : 4113 (0x1011)
            Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
            Format : VC-1
            Format profile : AP@L3
            Codec ID : 234
            Bit rate : 31.1 Mbps
            Width : 1 920 pixels
            Height : 1 080 pixels
            Display aspect ratio : 16:9
            Frame rate : 29.970 fps
            Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
            Bit depth : 8 bits
            Scan type : Interlaced
            Scan order : Top Field First
            Compression mode : Lossy
            Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.500
            Stream size : 29.1 GiB (94%)

Audio
            ID : 4352 (0x1100)
            Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
            Format : AC-3
            Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
            Mode extension : CM (complete main)
            Codec ID : 129
            Bit rate mode : Constant
            Bit rate : 640 Kbps
            Channel(s) : 6 channels
            Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
            Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
            Bit depth : 16 bits
            Compression mode : Lossy
            Stream size : 614 MiB (2%)
            Language : English

Any ideas? I did think that maybe since vlc shows some garbled video that the rip itself may have been bad, but since powerdvd9 can play the original m2ts file just fine, that sort of negates that thought however i just found out the new m2ts file created when played in powerdvd9 the video is somewhat jerky and audio is out of sync even though the audio delay is set to 0.

Comment

Working...
            X