Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Best way to get uncompressed BD to HDD with BD Ripper

Hi everyone,

Just another newbie. I attempted my due diligence and tried searching on my own before posting a new thread. And, I apologize if this is addressed somewhere else. But, I was just having trouble finding my answer searching the forum.

Anyway, I am trying to find out how to rip my BD's to my HDD in a 1:1 uncompressed format so I can use other software to encode to mkv and bring the file size down. One forum says the way to go is use DVDFab BD Copy and set to BD50. That's fine. But, I've noticed that some BD's actually have more than one m2ts file in the "STREAM" folder that make up the whole main movie. I would then have to go through a series of software just to remux/demux and so forth just to put it all together and make one m2ts file. I once copied the Thor BD with BD Copy (BD50) which resulted in a single m2ts file. I also ripped it with BD Ripper (outputing to m2ts) to get a single m2ts file. I then compared the two files from both Copy and Ripper and they were relatively the same size. SO...does this mean the Ripper option to m2ts is "uncompressed"?

Also, does Ripper consolidate multiple files into one output m2ts file? This would make things much easier if I didn't have to bother will all the other remux/demux software to consolidate the mutliple m2ts files of a BD folder and still got the uncompressed result.

One last thing, if Ripper alone will work, what profile do you suggest for the 1:1 I'm looking for.

Thanks for any assistance!
    Last edited by 90312; 05-14-2012, 05:06 PM.

does this mean the Ripper option to m2ts is "uncompressed"?
    Yes, you could select profile "m2ts.passthrough" or "mkv.remux" to ripper BD to HDD as 1:1.

Anyway, I am trying to find out how to rip my BD's to my HDD in a 1:1 uncompressed format so I can use other software to encode to mkv and bring the file size down
    I noticed that you want to convert the m2ts file to mkv at last, why not use DVDFab to ripper the BD to mkv directly? Have a try!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Wilson!

As to the "straight to mkv", I am ultimately going to play my mkv's from a Western Digital Live Hub. In their forum, I've been reading the best way to get near lossless Bluray quality in a small file size to watch on my 47" LCD is to rip the BD 1:1 to the HDD and encode using [other software]. Do you have a recommended DVDFab mkv profile that will achieve the same? If so, that would definitely save me some time .
      Last edited by Complication; 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I recommend profile "mkv.h264.audiocoy" to use, the file size is small (near 6G) but the quality is good!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X