Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Fomat not recongised on Samsung BD-P1600 player

Hello all
    I'm currently backing up my video collection and I've ripped a number of DVD's using ALL the options in the drop down menu so that I can also play them on my Samsung BD-P1600 BluRay DVD player. This particular player supports DivX files and I've played other DivX files, in .avi extension, with no problems from my USB flash/thumb drive. I've used a different USB thumb/flash drive thinking it was the problem but I still get the same "Format Not Recognised" message on the DVD Player. However, as I said above when tried to rip and encode a DVD to any of the Divx/Xvid formats and then tried to play them on the DVD payer it comes up with the message "Format not recognised". I tried ripping and encoding to .avi using every option available in DVDFab Ripper and they all give the same result. I'm in Australia, Region 4, and the Samsung DVD Player has the latest firmware update. Also as I stated the player does play DivX formated files but none encoded using DVDFab DVD ripper.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've also sent a similar enquiry to DVDFab Technical Support but no response as yet.

Cheers Kym

Hi,

I checked the Blu-ray player in Samsung.com, BD-P1600 is not support DIVX format.
    Please view it in the link: http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/t...s/BD-P1600/XAC

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Wilson

As I stated in my message I come from Australia and the BD-P1600 model released here DOES support DivX.

Comment

Hi kmoulds
        Not sure if this will help, but I also had a problem when trying to do this on my Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player.
        I had to format my flash drive to Fat 32 and I could not use the movie folder, I had to choose the DivX file in the folder when I transferred it to the flash drive.
        Read your manual that's what I did to resolve my issues.
        I also could not find any information on your player about playing DivX.

Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 06-02-2012, 03:01 AM. Reason: text
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR929

I read the manual for the DVD player again and it appears that the DivX (.avi) file must not have a resolution greater than 72x480@30fps. I encoded my DVD rips greater than this and therefore the format was not recognised on the DVD Player. When I re-encoded them at the accepted resolution they playered with no porblem.

Problem solved.

Thanks all for the suggestions and offers of help it is appreciated and I hope I can offer help to those that I can.

Cheers Kym

Comment

Working...
          X