X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splitting by Title

Hi Gents,

I am having somes issues with splitting Titles on a couple of DVDs.

I am using the latest Beta, DVD-Mobile (PS3 profile - the issue is the same for all Mobile options).

On a few disks, DVDFab cannot find the specific titles on a DVD and one Title is presented. E.g. "Only Fools and Horses Series 1-3 Disc 1", had 7 episodes, all of approx. 30 minutes. DVDFab reports 1 title of 3 1/5 hours.

I can select "Split by Chapter" and it correctly finds all of the chapters within a title - but then I have the problem of 'joining' them together - and neither Yamb or AviDemux do a good job (Yamb's join yields parallel audio and video tracks) and AviDemux unecessarily transcodes with horrible results).

Anyone have an inside line on how I can see these titles on the disk? Is there a way to make the initial disc analysis more 'sensitive'? Thus finding the titles?

I'm pretty certain that DVDFab DID split these discs by title pre-4.0.. I have some iPod versions of this series that I did some time back ...

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Graham

It is probably that the disc was not authored with each episode as a separate DVD title. I suggest you play it in a DVD player or VLC and note the title and chapter start/end for each episode. Then select each title and chapter selection one-by-one to output using DVDFab.

Comment

As it is an older release, it may be also worthwhile trying it with Pathplayer disabled.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks gents.

I actually ripped the DVD's by splitting each chapter - from which I was able to determine the titles...

I had tried it with Pathplayer disabled with no joy.

I think I found a workaround though: -

It works - althought it's a bit of a pain, but as these dvds are the exception rather than the rule, I can work with it. .. ..

I love this product - keep up the good work DVDFab!

Thanks again for your help guys!

Comment

Working...
        X