Ripping DVD 4 view by Xbox 360 Media Center Extender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripping DVD 4 view by Xbox 360 Media Center Extender

I have a collection of DVDs, half of which are already ripped into VOB Files.

I want to view these DVDs via the Media Brower application in Media Center, using the Xbox 360 as a media center extender.

I originally tried H.264 profile but the image quality was very poor. I have a huge NAS so no worry about file size however I do need to be able to have English subtitles supported from the Xbox.

After looking through the forums I tried the VOB passthrough conversion and then renamed the output file to .mpg, .avi etc. The image quality of the VOB passthrough was great but even after renaming the files, I could not get it to be read by the Xbox 360 Media Center extender. Plus there was no sub title functionality.

So for my question: what's the best custom profile that keeps the original quality of the DVD, is readable by the Xbox 360 media center extender and supports sub titles?

For info, according to the Media Browser forum, the best video format for the Xbox 360 is H.264, the best audio format is AC3, and the best container (for the audio files?) is M2TS. Is there a way 1) to combine these different elements in a custom profile 2) have sub titles supported and 3) keep the same quality as with VOB pass through (ideally using a pass through conversion). I am not technical, so if you have any simple answers I can try that would be great.

I would love to get the profile just right so I can start enjoying all my DVDs in the kick ass Media Brower application from my Xbox.

Many thanks to you all,

Seany

Please try DVD ripper to m2ts.audiocopy.normal and go to Conversion Settings page, select subpicture "Direct render to video". Wish it helps.

Comment

Thanks,

I will try and post later.

Do I need any special settings on the bit rate or the aspect ratio or will the default settings reatin the DVD quality

Seany

Comment

I was unable to try your settings, the operation aborted with Dvdfab Error = 504.00 , any ideas?

Plus, any special settings for the bit rate and the aspect ratio

Thanks

Seany

Comment

Hi seany
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
          X