Rip DVD to M2TS? Does not seem to work in 8.1.8.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Rip DVD to M2TS? Does not seem to work in 8.1.8.5

So the software does not gray out this option, but using 8.1.8.5 I have not been able to successfully rip a DVD version of Desperado to m2ts.

The rip starts normally enough, but hesitates at the same place every time, with the file written to disk showing about 3168 kbytes, and then the something weird happens. The DVDFab GUI start incrementing the "task time left". The task time increments to over 4 hours and then goes to all zeros "00:00:00". At this point the written file size was 6336 kbytes, and nothing really seems to be working so I cancel the rip. I pressed finish, and then inspected the file folder where the target m2ts file was and was astonished to see it continue to increment its file size on disk.

With the rip cancelled in the GUI, but with DVDFab still running, magically the file size starts to increment paste 6336 kbytes, almost like the application is dumping memory.

I let it increment, and it kept going.

I checked the DVDFab process and it was bouncing between 16 and 17% CPU with a static working set, so I let it run for a while.

I closed the DVDFab GUI application, and the file stopped incrementing, with a size of 4,850,208 kbytes.

The resulting file was of course not playable.

Yep, same problem here. Also having problems ripping playable mkv files.

Comment

Spoke too soon, problem probably my own install.

So, I found the overall operation of DVDFab was not what I was used to, so I decided to do a complete uninstall, reboot, and execute a clean install. This time I installed the current beta 8.1.8.7.

So far I have been able to rip Desperado from a "Full Disc" file folder copy, as well as the original DVD both to m2ts format with no issues.

I didn't test 8.1.8.5, but my guess is that the functionality is there...

The problem was apparently in my set.

Comment

@chertens,
        Maybe you don't select "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" in Common Settings->General->A/V Codec page in version 8185.

Comment

So I am getting DVDs to rip to m2ts now. My real problem now is that I cannot seem to successfully convert VOB rips of DVDs to m2ts using the video converter.

I'll work with it some more, but so far no matter what VOB I have tried, I cannot see to successfully convert it to m2ts using the Video Converter.

Comment

Hi chertens
            Are you ripping these DVDs to your HDD and then using video converter to convert to M2TS format???

If so you are using the wrong product, you should be using DVD Ripper and not Video Converter.
            Give it a try.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

So to try to clear this up, the original problem was when I was using DVD Ripper, the rip would fail.

After a uninstall and clean re-install of 8.1.8.7, the DVD Ripper was able to rip directly from my DVD to a m2ts format.

The issue I am trying to work on now I should probably open as a different thread.

I have a large number of existing VOB files, and thought that the Video Convter should be able to convert ths VOB rips to m2ts. I cannot seem to get this to work.

I was hoping to be able to convert the existing VOBs without having to re-rip them.

Comment

If you ripped them to a folder structure, you should be anle to process them with DVD Ripper by opening the top level directory.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I did not rip the DVDs to a folder, but directly to a VOB container. The goal is to convert the VOB to m2ts without having to re-rip the DVDs. Thanks, sounds like the net message is that the Video Converter application is not capable of directly converting VOB to m2ts files and I should re-rip the DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                  X