Remuxing MKV Hangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Remuxing MKV Hangs

I want to use DVD Ripper to remux MKV files to remove sub titles and different languages but one of two things happen:

1. The job starts and jumps to 30% complete but doesn't progress (after 20 minutes)

2. The job starts and runs to 100% complete (happens in 3 minutes or so) but never finalizes (I've run it over night).

I'm using version 8.1.98 and prior to that was using 8.1.96 on a Windows 7 x64 pc with a dual core processor and 8GB of memory that is largely under utilized.

What can I look at to fix this problem?

Thanks,

MJ

You shouldn't be using Ripper to this.

The easiest way to this is to use is to use the MKVMerge module of MKVToolnix (Free software) and it's a 5 minute process.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy - you're on a roll today. Thanks again for replying to my post. I am currently using MKVMerge for remuxing MKV files but I was hoping to cut down on the amount of software I am using. Seems to be a lot of specialty software in the video converting market . . .

I agree with you that MKVMerge is the way to go but I wonder if you know why DVDFab offers a remux option that can't be used. Am I using it the wrong way, is it flawed, or do I need to make adjustments to the settings to get it to work?

Thanks again for the reply.

MJ

Comment

Working...
      X