Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy" Not Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper "dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy" Not Working!

Hello Guys,

I'm very new to DVDFab. I have DVDFab ver 8.2.0.0. I've wanted to rip a DVD so I've used the DVD Ripper function and tried to output "mp4 h264 with the same audio as source, but I've noticed that it was missing the "generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy" profile. I've done some Google search and reading and the only way (I found) was to create/add the "dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy" to the existing profiles...so here is what I've done...and please bare with me...

I've used an XML Comparator and loaded a dvd_generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy xml file (from Profile3 folder) and a dvd_generic.mp4.h264.mp3, then changed the latter to match the 1st file (keeping of course references to "mp4" intact), renamed the resulting file as "dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy" and put it in the Profile3 folder. I've launched DVDFab 8 Qt. loaded my DVD and I was able to see the new profile (generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy) in the dropdown list, selected it, so I proceeded processing the rip, but I got an Process Failed Error!!!

Looking at log file, it has something to do with "mobile work failed(502.12 7)", whch occurs 0m 56.11s after processing begins!!!!. I really don't understand what this means. My target device (where I will be playing my dvd rip is my Sony DVD Player, not any mobile device)!!!! I know I must've done something stupid and need your help please...

Again I'm no guru, I just love DVDFabs quality and I wanted to rip the original audio, coz when I try the chose a different audio (say mp3 or aac), processing time goes through the roof!!! And more specifically (FPS), it goes down to ZERO, resulting in huge processing time!!! I've done some reading on this issue, as well, and it looks like it's maybe a BUG!!! I've noticed that when using the source audio with any video (i.e. avi or mkv video), processing time is reasonable (abt 1 hr or so), but as soon as you try to re-encode audio to anything else but the source audio, I run into this problem!!!

For your reference, I'm including the new profile xml file I've created (dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy) and a log file I've found under DVDFab/Log folder. If you need any other info, please let me know...

Please let me know what I've done wrong and edit as you see fit, to fix this problem!

Thank you in advance for your assistance and guidance!

-P
    Attached Files

Forget the profile dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy. MP4 format just support aac and mp3, but DVD audio tracks contains AC3,DTS and PCM, all of these do not support mux into mp4 file. With it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      Forget the profile dvd_generic.mp4.h264.audiocopy. MP4 format just support aac and mp3, but DVD audio tracks contains AC3,DTS and PCM, all of these do not support mux into mp4 file. With it helps.
      Thanks Terry! The issue I have (as described above) is when using "generic.mp4.h264.mp3" or "generic.mp4.h264.aac" FPS goes to zero!!! Is there a workaround for that? Cheers!

Comment

Could you please post the internal log for more details needed. We'll check it asap.Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
          Could you please post the internal log for more details needed. We'll check it asap.Thanks.
          Here you go Terry...Note that the FPS started up at 34 and and from there, it kept going down to basically ZERO!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X