This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display only forced subpicture Not Working in 6.2.1.0

It appears that “Display only forced subpicture” does not work in 6.2.1.0. I don’t think it works in earlier versions either.

Test case: Angels and Demons – Chapter 2.
    DVDFab Version: 6.2.1.0

Procedure:
    1. Ripped DVD to ISO. Kept English Language Subpicture.
    2. Verified that forced subpictures were in the movie. Used Windows Media Center. Note: VLC does not work on Forced subpictures. Wasted an hour figuring this out.
    3. Tried 3 different mobile formats. XVID, WMV and MP4. I have converted numerous DVDs to these formats and they all convert correctly.
    4. Check “Display only forced subpicture”. I did not check English.
    5. Convert Chapter 2.
    6. Used several players to check results including VLC, QuickTime, HTC Touch Pro 2 phone. The chapter played but no subpicture (subtitle) was present.

I tried some other experiments as well and nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?

I am sure that Signals has tested this title and actually wrote a post specifically on it.

I can't find it at the moment but I'll keep looking.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here it is:-

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Actually, I followed the instructions in that post and it did not work. That is why I am saying it is not working, at least for me. Maybe someone can run the experiment I did and let me know. It only takes a few minutes to do one chapter.

Comment

Bill, somehow I suspect that the problem is profile specific but I need to do some testing later today.

I'll get back to you on the results.

Comment

I attached the profiles I used.

Some ideas I have are:
            1. Does it use a certain font to put the subtitles in. Maybe I am missing the font.
            2. Since I am scaling the size maybe it cannot scale the font to match.

Thanks for any help on this. I am trying to update some of the command line guides I submitted and I want to make sure this works.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X