split by chapter not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper split by chapter not working

OK. I am a novice at best, so I would need all things explained as layman as possible. Here is my situation... I have dvd's that contain mtv music videos. Each chapter is a separate video. I want to save all the videos each as a separate vob file on my hard drive for storage. I was able to select the vob passthru option, and split by chapter. For the most part, this worked. I have lossless quality vob files. However, many of the files split the videos into groups of two instead of one. In other words, it did not split by chapter... it split by every other chapter in some cases. Now a single vob file contains two videos. I suppose I could find some software that allows me to trim a vob file and remove the second half (the second video), but I was hoping someone found a way to adjust the settings to correct this, or know of another program that would accomplish this task... Please help.

Hi fbruno,
    DVD ripper to vov.passthrough does not support split by chapter.Please use other profiles such as generic.mp4.h264.aac, which supports split by chapter.

Comment

Hi Terry5. Thank you for responding...

So here is my followup question... It is my understanding that vob files is the way to go if you don't want to lose any video quality from the original dvd... Is this true, and if so, is there any other format you support (where split by chapter works) that would produce a lossless video file from the original dvd quality? Migrating these dvd's to individual files while retaining video quality is my primary goal

BTW: It seems to me that if vob is the lossless format, it should be supported... Seems like you are not very far off. As I said, the split by chapter does properly deliniate the end of a chapter when using vob passthru, it's just that it combines two together instead of each one separately... Please consider this for future release... I have about 750 dvd's to copy to vob format and otherwise love using your product... Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X