Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitles

Bearing in mind that I have very very basic knowledge of what I'm doing.....
    I'm trying to rip some DVDs to put onto my Ipad but they all rip with the subtitles showing which is really annoying. When I look at the preview box in the bottom left corner they aren't on there but once ripped they are on the copy. Please could someone help me resolve this? thanks

Just uncheck all the subtitle wil do it

Comment

Removing subtitles

On the DVD/Blu-Ray ripper screen, in the bottom right there are a couple areas once the disc has been analyzed for sub-picture (subtitles are encoded as subpictures). One area shows you if there is a subpicture and what languages they are available in (one will be selected by default of this is the case) and there is also a checkbox below it for display only forced subpicture.

If you want NO subtitles uncheck all language boxes (if there are any subpictures available) and none will be included in the ripped image. If you want subtitles that are supposed to be there (say a character is speaking in a foreign language and it displays), leave the subpicture language box checked and select the display only forced subpicture box. Sometimes this doesn't quite work so you may have to experiment.

Note: Sometimes there may be multiple subpictures in the same language. You will have to experiment if you want the correct subpicture (for example, the blu-ray star wars films (Jabba the Hutt speaking) some you select the second english subpicture while others is the first, etc.).

Hope this helped.

Comment

Yeah, make sure that you don't select any in the RH top pane.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Absolutely perfect - Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X