No announcement yet.

New Build - Rips now have artefacts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) New Build - Rips now have artefacts.

i recently built myself a new pc - IvyBridge 3.4Ghz i7 Processor, Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard, 8GB Ram, 128GB SSD Sata 6.0GBs and a 2TB 7200rpm Sata 6.0 HDD.

Now trying to rip, i always get artifacts (glitches, pixel blocks) which i really hoped wouldn't happen as i do a great deal of ripping.

Has anyone else had this issue? anyone with any information would be great, any possible causes and/or fixes.

many thanks. Tang.

It happens to me, no idea why or how to fix it except re-rip the movie when I see it happening.

Comment

yeah i have done that but then it just happens in different places with each new rip. i appreciate your input dglidden

Comment

Something I just thought of that may help you. In the settings you have the option of setting your encoding methods. You can try a 2 pass method to see if that helps. It will slow down your rips but it may eliminate the artifacts.

Comment

good idea, i will try that and let you know.

Comment

Hey Tang,

I've had just about all the problems everyone has posted with BD-Ripper, even your problem!

I had 3 versions of QT installed that would actually stay installed, but kepted having problems! I uninstalled all of them, did all the cleaning and re-installed 8210QT!

After that all my Blu-ray copies are 30- 35, 37 min's!, but the BD-Ripper still has multiple problems!

Once I have copyed it to hdd 50gb Main Movie (thats all I do) then I go back to 8085 non-QT and convert or compress to 25gb and I range from 35-47min's in time! It works everytime, I've tryed it over and over both ways, MKV and compress to 25gb! Movies and HD Audio are great and no artifacting!

Maybe this will help you!

Comment

For all,
              More info are needed. More info, more easy fot trouble shotting and helping you.
              Please post the latest internal log when you hava trouble.
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
              X