homemade DVD rips to poor quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper homemade DVD rips to poor quality

Using v8.2.1.2, I am trying to rip a DVD that was made at my church using a Panosonic DVD burner. I can copy the DVD to my hard drive and view with good quality, but when I try to rip it to an AVI format so I can edit the video, the quality is terrible. The video is not in sync with audio, video is faster. The picture quality it bad, full of pixelation. I set the video effect to 640x480 to match the original, encoder method to 2-pass. No errors are reported in logs just a bad AVI copy.
    Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, HT

Hi ht4cae
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Why rip it?

Edit the native files and then there is no quality loss!!!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Here's the log file

Attached is the internal.log
        The reason(s) for converting the file instead of using the original .VOB files are
        1) software like Sony Movie Studio and Adobe Premier Elements don't like VOB files that aren't from a video camera. The 1st vob file, in this case, all I get is audio but the 2nd vob file works fine. In other attempts, using other DVDs, the video and audio are not always in sync or multiple vobs don't align when connected. The transition isn't smooth, like a split second of the video/audio is missing. Finding software to do this is or making Sony and Adobe work isprobably a good discussion in another thread. I'd like to know !
        2) due to #1, a single avi is easier to split, combine, and edit.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X