Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Asking for help with MKV / M2TS

Good day,

I have been searching the forums but have not found exactly what I am looking for, so my appologies if I missed it in my search, but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out.

I am not sure if I am using the proper technical terms, but here is what I would like to do:

1- Get main movie from a bluray with 100% quality.
    2- Transform the sound to Dolby 5.1 (AC-3).
    3- Be able to display the subtitles if I choose.

I would prefer the container to be M2TS since the Playstation 3 can play them directly/streamed (or a format it can play). I understand that MKV seems more efficient and produces smaller files, but I would prefer a format that doesn't need a computer to stream to the PS3.

When I use DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper, with both "m2ts.passthrough" and "mkv.remux" profiles, I can get the main movie without quality loss (item #1).

However, I cannot select/edit the Audio Format. The only option available is "Same as source" (item #2).

I have not found any other profile that lets me get the movie as "passthrough" but re-encode audio as AC-3. I've looked in the "Resource" section of the DVDFab website, but I haven't noticed anything that stands out as doing what I would like.

So then (thanks for reading this far!):

QUESTION #1: How can I create/rip to a M2TS (preferably) or MKV file with 100% lossless video but with AC-3 audio?

Is there a way to have a profile like "m2ts.passthroughvideo.ac3audio"-ish?

QUESTION #2: Is it possible for the subtitles to be available (show/hide) when pressing the subtitles button on the PS3 remote or is the only option to overlay subtitles directly on the movie (ie: they are always visible) once packaged?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't transfer my collection to network storage until I figure out how to create the final format...

For the first question, there are so many profiles for m2ts with ac3 audio tracks, such as m2ts.ac3.fast, m2ts.as3.high_quality, m2ts.ac3.normal. The mkv.h264.ac3 is for MKV format. All are with good quality.
    For the second, you can try the subtitle settings in PS3 to enable or disable subpicture. What's more,you can make the idx/sub and the out put files in the same folder to see the subtitle or only the out put files without idx/sub to not shown the subtitle.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

However, what I need is for a profile that changes ONLY the audio and leaves the video intact (i.e.: "pass-through", "lossless").

All the settings mentioned re-encode the video, even if the quality is "high".

I'd like to take, for example, an MKV file which contains a video (say H264) and audio (say DTS) and only convert the audio to AC3 leaving the video 100% intact.

That is why I mentioned some sort of "m2ts.passthrough.ac3" profile (which doesn't exist at the moment).

I have to use freewares such as "mkv2vob" or "XMedia Recode" but I would prefer to do the operations in one step directly from DVDFab...

So is there a way to rip the main movie, leaving the video 100% intact but changing (only) the audio to AC3?

Thanks for your time

Comment

BD Ripper Asking for help with MKV/M2ts

FrankM,

When you do Main Movie in Blu-ray Copy, when it opens the movie, on your right upper conner there are Audio Tracks you can chose from, DTS, AC3, ect. Just check the Audio that you want and un-check the ones you don't want! Then it will copy the movie with the track you want!

Then run that file through your Ripper to what format you want!

Comment

Hey 8855A,

I think you are missing the point.

This is the way I understand it. Tell me if I'm wrong!!!

FrankM wants to end up with a file containing passthrough video and AC-3 Dolby Digital audio because his POS playing device will not play DTS. The reason he needs this is because Blurays are predominately DTS and he needs the DTS converted to AC-3.

I see two options:-

1. Produce a full passthrough file and a compressed file with an AC-3 conversion, then using a freeware muxing tool, creat a file with the unchanged video and the converted audio into a target file.

2. Spend 100 bux and buy a playing device such as the PIVOS that will play all the audio formats untouched. = and allows you to choose between them.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

BD Ripper Asking for help with MKV/M2ts

I believe you are exactly right, you have always been the man, Gregiboy!
            At least in my book for sure!

Just thinking about it, I had to get my book out again and write this down!

"Thanks Mate"

Comment

No Problems, Cobber!!!

It's great to see you putting what you have learnt back into the forum.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi,

LOL my system plays all types of audio, that's not the reason why I want to convert to AC3!

When you have a huge library of blurays and you want them accesssible from a media server thru a network, the play station 3 will not stream DTS, only AC3.

Often, blu rays only contain DTS-HD 7.1 and AC 3/2 (not 5.1). So I do not wish to only select the main movie and the 3/2 audio track. I'd like to have at least 5.1.

So basically, DVDFab cannot rip the main movie in a passthrough manner and convert the DTS audio to AC3 5.1 is what you are telling me (jokes on my system aside!).

Right now I'm ripping the main movie with the DTS track using mkv.muxing with video/audio as passthrough and then using another program to keep the video but convert the audio to AC3.

I only wish DVDFab could do it.

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Working...
                X