This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to mp4 with two audio tracks?

I'm looking to rip my Buffy DVDs to MP4, but want to have both the original audio track aswell as the audio commentary track. Is this possible with DVDfab? I've been trying but it seems as if one can only choose one audio track for each rip.

If DVDfab can't handle this, is there any other program that can?

Not possible, one track only
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So is it safe to say that I can't rip two languages to mp4, i.e, English and German, only one track? Is there another format that allows me to do this and use WDTV Live? Thx...

Comment

Not to mp4 but if hdd space is not an issue you can rip main movie as an iso and include any language tracks and subtitles. The Gen 1 WDTV's will play these and I suspect the Live versions will also, test this and post back here to let us and others know.
        MKV is another format that is supposed to be able to support multiple language tracks but Fab can't do this.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          Not to mp4 but if hdd space is not an issue you can rip main movie as an iso and include any language tracks and subtitles. The Gen 1 WDTV's will play these and I suspect the Live versions will also, test this and post back here to let us and others know.
          MKV is another format that is supposed to be able to support multiple language tracks but Fab can't do this.
          Thanks. I came back to edit this post as I saw this question had been asked multiple times already (damn newbies). But you gave me an idea I didn't think about, i.e., ISO. I was also thinking of ripping two copies and including the language in the titles. Currently I have a 1tb nas and 300+ movies, so space is o.k. for now. Can always get larger HDDs later when needed.

I'll rip a couple of movies and as soon as the WDTV Live gets here I'll test it and post results. Thanks again....

Comment

Update: Due to HDD space limitations (2TB) and the WDTV not supporting USB hub and wanting to have it on the network, I resorted to copying two AVIs for each movie with dual language tracks. I know going with ISO would be simpler, but I wanted all my files in the same format. I can probably make it until next year when 4TB HDDs come out.

Comment

Hopefully soon DVDFab's mobile option and the MKV format will make things a bit easier to include multiple tracks on a single file.
              Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
              X