trouble w/blu rips on Oppo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) trouble w/blu rips on Oppo

Everything worked fine playing bluray rips on the Oppo when using DVDfab on Windows XP, but when switching to Win 7 the resulting files show as type AVCHD which isn't supported by Oppo.
    Using XP the type showed as Movie file which played fine.

I've always converted to M2TS and then changed the file name to xxx.mpg and these always worked perfectly on the Oppo(streamed wirelessly from Seagate HD storage) but doing exact same procedure using Win 7, movies showup on Oppo but won't play.

I tried converting to mkv and renaming the file xxx.mkv with no success.

Any suggestions would be great, thx.

I'm using 8.2.1.3.

It's strange because when converting to m2ts using XP, the movie shows as "Movie Clip" on the Seagate storage(oops, not Movie file like I said before), and those play fine streamed wirelessly from Seagate to laptop and Oppo.

When converting to m2ts using Win 7, the movie shows as "AVCHD" on Seagate which won't play on the Oppo but will play fine on laptop.

Comment

What does MeiaInfo tell you is contained in the stream?

I find it hard to believe that the change of Windoze caused this as Fab uses it's own internal codecs and does not depend on the OS..
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        What does MeiaInfo tell you is contained in the stream?

I find it hard to believe that the change of Windoze caused this as Fab uses it's own internal codecs and does not depend on the OS..
        Hi, thx for reply. Using MediaInfo on both types of rips (one M2ts from XP, and one from Win7) reports the same for both. So you're right, it's not DVDfab doing anything differently from xp to win7. (turns out that changing the ext. name under XP does something different than doing so using Win7).

I've had success playing MKV from bluray to the Oppo wirelessly using Win7 and has solved the problem for now. I just prefer to use M2ts, they seem to rip much faster(45mins. compared to 1.5hrs+.)

I've learned a few things since last post. On the Wiki page the Oppo lists that M2ts format won't support AVC files over wireless but there was a workaround using XP that fooled the Oppo into playing the files perfectly via wireless.

By changing the ext. name(using XP) to a supported format type (like .mpg or .mpeg) the M2ts movies played perfectly on the Oppo via wireless. When changing the ext. name using Win7, the movie isn't changed in the same way when using XP. So maybe it's a setting in the way XP handles movies that isn't the same for Win7.

When changing the ext. name in XP, the little icon to the left of the name would change as well, (under Win7 the icon stays the same).

Mkv is working for now and they play via wirelss without any ext. name chg.

Comment

Working...
        X