Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVD Ripper vs DVD Copy Recommendations

All,

I don't understand something and wonder if I could get some help. I purchased DVD Ripper and BluRay Ripper forever license last year because I want/need to backup my children's movies.

I have had lots of problems with Bluray ripper, and have gotten the advise over and over again to use Bluray copy first with main movie and then convert this to something I can stream to my xbox.

Now, Bluray copy says it's expired. I don't really get why Bluray ripper doesn't do whatever the best way to rip the bluray is. In fact, I don't understand what half of the 30 or so products DVDfab makes do - they all sound like exactly the same product. I mean you cant decript unless you take out the copy protection, you cant rip unless you copy etc etc.

Moderators - if bluray copy is the best way to rip blurays (and dvd for dvds) then please help me to exchange my permanent license of bluray/dvd ripper for bluray/dvd copy or just make the original product work in the recommended way.

I'll take my answer off the air...

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Brad

bd ripper dvd ripper vs dvd copy recommedations

Both BD Copy and DVD Copy are made to remove the protection on the disc and makes them an ISO format file!

BD Ripper and DVD Ripper are for changeing the ISO format to some other format to be used by a different divices!

You said you was using the Xbox, then you would use the ISO format from DVD Copy and change it to a format that would work on the Xbox using the DVD Ripper!

I use BD Copy to remove protection and it copies to ISO format to my HDD, then I use BD Ripper to change format to MKV, it cuts the ISO format to about half the size of the ISO, which saves me alot more space on my HDD thats in my Media Player 2tb hdd, and keeps the same Vedio, Audio output!

There are lots of different settings you can learn and set-up for what ever you want!, but for just playing back-ups in ISO format all you need is BD or DVD Copy! If you want them to play on different devices you'll need BD or DVD Ripper!

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X