Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

passthrough video but change audio to 5.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) passthrough video but change audio to 5.1?

Is it possible to passthrough video but change audio to 5.1?

I've been manually backing up BDs using tools where I demux the audio, convert it to 5.1 and then remux with the original video stream into a M2Ts. Perfect video quality, with audio that plays on Xbox.

Is there a "quick and easy" config for DVDFab to do this for me? I found an M2TS passthrough.. but you can't change the audio to a different format.

thx

No profile for that in Fab now. You can try the profile "xbox360.mp4.hd", which is for Xbox.

Comment

I was asking for the same thing here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...eo+passthrough.

The same thing was asked also here a while ago: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...&highlight=ac3.

It would really be a usefull feature to add to DVDFab!... /hint

Comment

I've been using m2ts.ac3.normal. Then in Audio, I change it to 5.1 Multichannel which changes the bitrate to 448kbps. I then change the Fixed Bitrate to 22500kbps. This seems to give me the same result as when I do a msts.passthrough with a BluRay that has AC3 Audio in addition to DTS-HD. The only difference is the video in the M2TS is AVC compared with MPEG Video in the passthrough. Don't know what the difference is, but they both look and play the same. It plays fine on Media Player on a PC and on a PS3 without using PS3 Media Server. I imagine it would work on an Xbox. I would like some opinions on this myself???

Comment

I'm with Frank and TGB on this one... I need this in DVDFab so the videos will playback in Windows Media Center. It doesn't seem to like DTS in M2TS (and doesn't even play MKV). I don't want to recompress the video (the point of having the blu-ray in the first place is the HQ video) but I need to be able to play these back in MCE.

Looking at the bug fix list in v9 - it seems to mention a few things about convertin DTS to AC-3 but I couldn't find anyway to do that with passthrough rip.

I just started looking at adding blu-ray to my collection and without some easy way to playback I can't.

Glad I got the trial on the bd ripper so I could find out before buying.

Comment

Working...
          X