Very Slow ripping to H264

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Very Slow ripping to H264

I have been using DVDFab happily for a year but now it is too slow ripping to H264.

I am ripping from DVDs that have been copied to hard disk. The rip starts at 40fps but then slows down to less than 10fps and I give up after an hour.

It makes no difference what my settings are. I have disabled hardware acceleration, disabled Lightning-Recoding. One-pass or two-pass makes no difference, the bit rate makes no difference. The movie being ripped makes no difference. I have tried DVDFab 8.0.8.5, 8.2.1.5 and 9.0.0.3 and they all have the same problem.

The only difference is the codec, DivX works but H264 does not.

I have a Core i5 and Radeon 4300.

Need more information on what you're doing, and the internal log on the slow attempt. I would try a clean uninstall and reinstall. I just finished Ghost Busters iPad h.264 in under 4 minutes so it's not 8.1.2.5
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I reinstalled 8.2.1.5

First I ripped a dvd folder from the hard disk to generic.avi.h264.audiocopy with all the default settings this took 2 hours to complete.

I then changed the settings to 2-pass and 4000 bitrate. After 10 minutes the estimated time was 5 hours and I cancelled it.

Th elog file is attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

That profile is a bit slower but it still completed the same movie in just under 10 minutes. Something is amiss
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I replaced the HD4300 with a HD7770 and this has fixed the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X