No announcement yet.

Ripping BLuRays to MKV for streaming to LG BD670 BluRay players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping BLuRays to MKV for streaming to LG BD670 BluRay players

I recently purchased DVD Fab BluRay and DVD ripper (lifetime).

I have several Buffalo NAS drives where I store the files and I stream MKV, AVI and MP4 video files to a few BluRay players. Most of the video files are documentaries a friend gave me.

I successfully ripped a few DVDs to AVI files and they stream to my LG BluRay players perfectly.

I ripped one of my BluRay movies to MKV (standard default profile) and it appeared to rip properly, but my LG says the format not supported. Other MKVs (that I did not rip) stream properly. The the MKV I ripped plays properly on my desktop using VLC Media Player, so I know it is a good rip.

So I guess I need to modify the MKV profile (or create a new one) for an MKV rip that the LG players will stream.

Anyone have any experience with this? Or at least any ideas for me to try?

I'm a video ripping newb (lots of experience with audio ripping) so any help is appreciated.

I did a search on this forum, but nothing of consequence turned up.

There is an "info" button on the LG (once a file is highlighted) and the files my friend gave me, indicated the video coded is: "MPEF4/AVC (High @L4.1)".

When I highlight the MKV file I ripped (the the LG will not stream) and press the info button, it indicated "H.264 (I think)

Hi FP Crazy,
    You can try the profile "mkv.remux".
    If you want to make a new profile for your personal LG device, I suggest you to use the profile editor. Here is the manual of it.

Comment

Thanks but remux did not work either. The LG still indicated that codec not supported, both when I tried to play the file, and when I clicked on the info button while the file was highlighted (while browsing the folders).

LG indicates that MKV is a supported file and I clearly have many MKVs (that I did not rip) that the LG will play, so I'm not sure what the DVDFab stock/default profiles are doing during the rip that the LG doesn't like.

I will read up on the profile editor and try to create my own profile. But I'm not sure which features to change (and what to change it to), to make the LG happy. So if anyone has any suggestions or hints, I'd love the input.

I also plan on getting an Oppo BluRay player that will stream over the network, and I'm not sure if this would have the same issues.

I'd eventually like to rip my entire BLuRay library to MKV, and that was the purpose of me purchasing DVDFab BluRay ripper.

Comment

You can import a simple(which plays well in your drive) to ProfileEditor, do not make any changes and save to DVDfab. Then try the new created profile. Wish it helps.

Comment

Working...
        X