This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting Problem

Hi - I am trying to make an mpeg4 movie for my Childs IPod. The DVD is a double feature. The DVD opens with a screen and you pick your movie. [Alvin and the Chipmunks Scare-Riffice] DVDFAB only will code one of the two movies. When it reads the DVD it only sees one. If I uncheck all the titles and play the preview the second movie plays in the preview window (with subtitles). How do I get DVDFAB to recognize the second movie and then code for IPOD?

Try turning pathplayer off for this title.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I can't seem to see how to turn pathfinder off. Sorry I am a dunce.

Comment

Go into common settings green circle with check mark top right of program. Then select pathplayer and put a tick next to disable. Check out the attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank You

Thank you for that image. I did what you suggested and low and behold an additional title appeared and it was the second feature on the DVD. I appreciate your assistance. Can you share with us what the pathfinder does and why when it is disabled an additional title appeared? Again, thanks.

Comment

to tell you the truth I completely forgot what PATHPLAYER does! But I am sure another mod or a member will post reply what it does for you

Comment

In layman's terms, this is the concept behind Pathplayer as I understand it.

Newer forms of copy protection actually write invalid data on the pressed DVD's to try to prevent defeating the copy protection.

This invalid data CANNOT be played by normal set top DVD players.

So what Pathplayer does is analyse the navigation of the DVD as if it was a set top player and identifies the valid content for copying.

The drawback is that older titles which do not have this form of copy protection ocassionaly incorrectly analysed and that is why we say to turn Pathplayer OFF on older titles.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for your help and explanation.

Comment

Working...
                X