increase cpu usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) increase cpu usage

i have a i7 920 overclocked to 4.2 ghz. i overclocked to get faster conversions from bluray to mp4's. unfortunately, dvdfab only runs at about 35-45% cpu load across all 8 threads (4 cores). i made sure the "use turbo" option was checked in the converter settings, and i selected use max memory but still same low usage?

how can i get dvdfab to use 100% of my cpu? it is a dedicated server so i dont need to do other things on it while it rips/converts.

thanks in advance

Do you have a GPU taking some of the load off the CPU?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

no, i have all "software" only

Comment

I tried a BR with all A/V codecs set to software and the CPU loaded up pretty good. If I try to run the AMD APP it does what yours is doing 30 few%.

Attached:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

checked again and confirmed everything is set to software (also the radio button for disable gpu is checked).

if i uncheck the enable turbo, i get fluctuating cpu usage - jumps from 3% to 70% then back and forth every second or 2.

if i run other programs (like stress testers that utilize all threads at max) resource monitor shows 100% across all 8 threads so i dont think it is a computer setup issue i.e., bios setting. i think it is related to dvdfab

Comment

btw here is the screenshots of settings and resource usage
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi uslaves,
              Please un-select "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable" and try it again.

Comment

sorry for delay. tried the disable lighting recording, but still around 40%. i did run two instances of dvdfab at a time and it ran about 80-90% so doesn't seem like anything wrong with computer

Comment

Hi uslaves,
                  I see I7 920 is 2.66GHz. Please do not overclock and try it again. Wish it helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X