• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) HQ MKV Samsung TV fine tuning

Hello,

TV = Samsung EU40ES6900

On the TV it says 'Theater Sound SRS'

I have been playing and have created lots of test files but still have a few questions.

If I do a remux the TV says the sound is not supported.

All tests so far have a come out with a very very low volume on the TV.

Q1. I have found a Samsung Series 6 MKV profile ( http://profile.dvdfab.com/?m=profile...f412c30befde7a) which gives me 3 options for sound in the lower left of the 'edit conversion settings' screen. Stereo, Dolby Surround / Pro logic or Dolby Pro Logic II. Which is best and which is 2nd best and why.

Q2. If I choose mkv.h264.ac3 I get an additional sound option in the 'edit conversion settings' screen which is 5.1 multichannel. Is this a better option over the options in Q1?

Q3. In the main screen should I be selecting 'English AC-3 TrueHD/5.1' which is the default or something lower down the list like 'English AC-3/2'

Q4. From a visual point of view what is the difference between mkv.h264.ac3 and the Samsung Series 6 MKV profile ( http://profile.dvdfab.com/?m=profile...f412c30befde7a) both seem to list exactly the same settings, is there a difference behind the software. Both play on the TV.

I hope the above questions make sense and thanks for your time.
    Last edited by ASnet0007; 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM.

Well after a bit more playing I have found that there is a big difference between mkv.h264.ac3 and the Samsung Series 6 MKV profile (Q4). The Samsung profile allows the TV to fast forward and rewind which is crucial.

So can someone answer how this difference is achieved for Q4.

No point answering Q2 if I can not FF RW.

Q1 is my main question. should I choose Stereo, Dolby Surround / Pro logic or Dolby Pro Logic II.

Comment

You can try all for your play device with a single chapter to make sure which is the best.

Comment

Working...
      X