Apple TV 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Apple TV 3

So I've scoured the forums and the web for the past few days trying to find something that will produce a usable file for the Apple TV 3 from bluray and dvd. I'm trying to get a mp4 or m4v file that has surround sound and forced subtitles. I've had zero luck with DVDFab. Each time with DVDFab I only get a 2 channel audio no matter what I choose. With a couple of other programs I get the same result.

Does anyone have any idea how to get this to work?

Hi jtrevill,
    Dolby Surround is 2 channel.
    Here is the detail of it.

You can use the default DVD ripper profile "AppleTV",which is 5.1 Multichannel.

Comment

I understand what you are saying about Dolby - sorry I used the wrong phrase. What I should have said more clearly is that I don't want 2 channel audio, I want surround sound...

With that said, I've used the Apple TV profile, but it doesn't produce a 5.1 track.

Comment

The profile "AppleTV" is 5.1 multichannel in default.
        Please uninstall, do a deep clearn, restart and install the latest Fab again.

Comment

I just realized, I was attempting to use the DVDFab 9 Beta and not getting the 5.1 audio.

I still have DVDFab 8 installed, however, there is no Apple TV 3 for the Bluray ripper. Is this not available in 8?

Comment

What you really need to have for iDevices is two audio tracks.

The first must be 2Ch AAC.
            The second can be 5.1 Ch Dolby Digital (DTS is not supported)

When the file is played on an iDevice, it will default to the 2Ch AAC. When the iDevice is connnected to a 5.1 amp, the surround track will activate.

I do not think that Fab caters for this scenario yet.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X