This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Soundtrack out of synch in mkv

I'm having a problem doing a simple mkv remux. On about 2/3rds of my dvds so far, the sound track is out of synch. While I've only converted about 10 BRs, BRs don't seem to have the same issue.
    The newest DVD is PROMETHEUS. The oldest dvd to have the issue is Kill Bill 1 and 2. As a test, I ran a few through handbrake to see if there is an issue with the rip itself but they came out ok.

All are ripped with DVD copy 8.2.1.8 main movie only and then the folder is sent through DVD ripper 8.2.1.8 using profile mkv.remux.

If there is a thread already addressing this, please point me to it.

Let me know if you need more/different info.
    Thanks....

for PROMETHEUS
    6m 59.20s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

6m 59.20s: info: create config(0)
    6m 59.20s: info: convert profile(mkv.remux)
    6m 59.20s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->37),3D(0)
    6m 59.20s: info: streams((480.1)(128.1)(32.16))
    7m 03.67s: info: subpicture preset(2), mode(10)
    7m 06.71s: subpicture(32) mode(10)
    8m 17.09s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Odd coincidence you posting this just now, I'm working with this very issue now. I have a few SD movies that I just can't make an mkv with because of sync issues both audio and subtitles. Most are fine and work well but a select few just will not be manipulated at all. I think this is a disk authoring issue and not DVDFab because most work just fine.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I just tried profile generic.mkv,h264.audiocopy and there is no synch issue so, the problem seems to be in the mkv.remux profile.

As a side bar, before I bought the entire lifetime suite, I was testing during the 30 day trial. I didn't have any issues like this during the trial period. The only thing I did when I purchased is to do the update to 8218

Hre are the logs for the passthrough for Kill Bill....I cleared the logs before starting. This is all that was in any of the logs.

dvdfab_internal

30m 24.78s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

30m 24.79s: info: create config(0)
      30m 24.79s: info: convert profile(mkv.remux)
      30m 24.79s: info: dvd playlist(1),angle(0),chapter(1->20),3D(0)
      30m 24.79s: info: streams((480.1)(128.1)(34.8))
      30m 24.84s: info: subpicture preset(2), mode(10)
      30m 27.85s: subpicture(34) mode(10)
      31m 36.86s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Comment

I have to walk my statement back, I tried a free alternative to make an mkv from the problematic discs and they are perfect so it is something in the way DVDFab is handling these particular discs.
        Last edited by 90312; 11-12-2012, 09:26 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Fab has had this problem on and off with different profiles for over 5 years that I can remember.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy,
            Has the solution in the past been a user-end solution/workaround or is it something the Fab people need to handle? If it's user-end, what is the solution?

Another minor issue I noticed is that you can't make mkv.remux the default profile. The button in conversion settings is not active as is most of the other settings in mkv.remux

Comment

End-User ..... I use other software as indicated above for this reason.... That's my end-user solution!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                I have to walk my statement back, I tried a free alternative to make an mkv from the problematic discs and they are perfect so it is something in the way DVDFab is handling these particular discs.
                Mind letting me/us know what free alternative you tried or at least provide a hint?

Comment

I don't mind telling you because it's not a competitor, not even close, it only makes two files, an mp4 or mkv h264 and the GUI is a PITA to use. HandBrake is the name of the software and it is free.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    I don't mind telling you because it's not a competitor, not even close, it only makes two files, an mp4 or mkv h264 and the GUI is a PITA to use. HandBrake is the name of the software and it is free.
                    Thanks. Yea, I also have Handbrake and at times I consider Handbrake to be more of a complement to DVDFAB than a competitor.

Comment

Not trying to be too pointed here but what prevents the Fab team from fixing the issue? The idea of buying the whole suite was to have a one stop solution for my video collection. But now one of the primary functions I bought it for is not working particularly well. I'm not complaining as much as I'd like to both help if I can to resolve the issue and to learn.

Other than this issue, I'm very happy with the Fab products.

If this is not a fixable item, I can use handbrake. Handbrake is a bit more challenging to use but I can work with it if needed. BTW, is there a guide to doing an uncompressed pass-through MKV remux in handbrake? Google search turned up a lot except for this specific subject.

Thanks all....

Comment

We will not be discussing how to use any other software here, I'm sure they have a forum.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X