Very slow speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Very slow speed

I have been using the latest 9 series application including the latest from today doing simple MKV passthrough ripping of BD disks. No re-encoding, shrinking or anything beyond a straight copy.

I have been getting rip speeds around 1.5MB/s which means it takes hours to copy a movie. Many times slower than real time. When I use MakeMKV to do the same thing I get 20MB/s and it copies a movie about 4X real time. If I let it run long enough it does finish and the file plays fine. But it is so slow as to be pretty much useless. Have to let it run over night.

Are others having this issue? It was working fine until I upgraded to the new 9.x versions and in fact seems slightly worse with each new release. I attached a log file for a rip I started, let run a few minutes then stopped.
    Attached Files

Have you tried ripping the disc to the HDD first as full disc? I do this it is an extra step but I find it faster in the long run and saves wear and tear on the drive too. I just use the full disc folder as the source and just tried an mkv.pass through it completed in 11 minuets.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X