Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Best choice for quality/file size

Hello,
    I have a lot of full DVD9s that I want to rip. Shouldn't exceed 2gb. I want the audiostream untouched but I'm not sure with the video. Is avi/xvid the better choice for me or avi/h.264? Or is the second one only good for HD-movies? Or is there another codec that's even better?
    The movies should be playable by VLC on windows 7.
    Thank you

Hi baatton
    Please give this a read through by my friend GregiBoy http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=543
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i’m want to convert my dvd iso files but would like to able to use the converted movie files on numerous devices eg ipad, laptop ps3 (and any other device not yet released! ) etc

so is there a generic preset that will suit my various needs rather than having to do a conversion for each single device i have? i've read the guide in the link above but am still unsure

Comment

You are dreaming the impossible dream.

Originally posted by alphabetagaga View Post
        i’m want to convert my dvd iso files but would like to able to use the converted movie files on numerous devices eg ipad, laptop ps3 (and any other device not yet released! ) etc

so is there a generic preset that will suit my various needs rather than having to do a conversion for each single device i have? i've read the guide in the link above but am still unsure
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X