No announcement yet.

Audio Sync Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also having a similar issue using version 9.0.1.6 where the audio is slightly out of sync with the video, enough to be annoying. In my case the audio is ahead of the video by a fraction of a second throughout the movie.

I am seeing this on multiple movies (Elf and The Muppet Christmas Carol being recent examples) both with hardware acceleration enabled (Intel QuickSync) and disabled. I have even tried 1-pass and 2-pass encoding with similar results. My rips are coming from VIDEO_TS folders created from using DVD Copy. To make sure it wasn't the files themselves, I did try an open source alternative out there and didn't have any audio sync issues. I'd prefer to try and keep everything working within the same package I bought from DVDFab.

The audio sync issue is noticeable both in iTunes on my desktop as well as on my AppleTV.

Currently I am using the iPad3.h264.multichannel profile since their is a known bug with the AppleTV3 profile not producing sound.

I did one more test using a different format and profile, using the wmv.wma 10 profile, and it appears the audio is in sync with that format. So it seems to be an issue specifically with the Apple profiles?

Any suggestions on how we might fix this or is there a known solution that is being put in place in a future update?

Thanks!

Comment

Update to 9.0.1.8 the Apple TV profile has been corrected, I don't know if it will correct the A/V sync issue or not but give it a try.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

bump...any new developments on this?

Comment

I updated to 9.0.2.2 and I still get A/V sync issues when trying to convert using any of the Apple multichannel profiles.

I guess I will try a complete uninstall and reinstall of the application using the latest version (versus an update) and see if it remains. If it still remains, then I guess I need to post some logs?

Comment

Working...
          X