HELP PLEASE HD Master Audio Issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP PLEASE HD Master Audio Issues!

Can anyone please help as I'm pulling my hair out trying to resolve this issue!
    I am trying to back up my 3d blu ray collection and most, if not all, offer HD Master Audio which I want to use. On using 3d ripper and selecting HD Master Audio it rips perfectly, but when you play it back on a media player the sound drops out every few seconds. Tech support have said to use AC3 audio which works fine but its NOT HD Master Audio!
    I have tried various versions of the software but nothing works. Can anyone please advise if this is a known issue or if not what am I doing wrong?
    Mark

Which profile did you use?
    Please post the internal log for trouble shotting. Thanks.

Comment

Mark:Make sure your media player can play hd audio and 3d and make sure the firmware is the latest for the media player go to the media players web sight and see if theirs a updated firmware version for your model.Also check the media players audio settings to make sure your set up for hd audio playback and using hi speed hdmi cables that also can do 3d.Then make sure your receiver is set up for hd audio some take raw audio from the media player others take LCPM or LCPM multi channel some have a auto setting.If their is a ripper softwear problem more people would be posting this i do this all the time and have no problems with ripper and my micca 3d media player.

Comment

Audio

Hello,
        Thanks for replies. I use the ASUS Oplay GAllery HD which fully supports 3d and HD Master Audio. I have the latest firmware and the AVreceiger is an Onkyo )08 which also fully supports the formats I am ripping to. I can rip a normal blu ray that's not 3d with no issues at all. Dolby True HD works a treat!

Comment

Log as requested

Am trying the mac demo version to see if i have any better luck!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CBR929; 12-22-2012, 06:40 PM. Reason: fixed internal log

Comment

If you want to play the backup on pc, why not make a blu-ray 3d copy, and play it with software blu-ray player?
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Mark:Can you play your 3d rip with hd audio on the computer with a software player? If you can then i can think of 3 things one your settings in the meda player for hd dts audio is wrong.In my media player you have to set up sound for each type like Dolby hd,dts hd etc. or your cables don't support 3d movies you must have high speed hdmi cables to play back 3d and hd sound.Just to see if you can play hd dts sound and 3d try a different movie that's got dts hd sound and 3d then you know if the cables are alright and the media player is set for dts hd sound.Also how long are your cable runs from the media player to the receiver? are you streaming the signal? if streaming the signal try wired connections and see if the problem goes away.
              Last edited by glenns; 12-23-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Mark:I just made a test mkv audio copy 3d of a hd master dts 3d movie and it played fine in my media player try the (audio copy profile 3d) instead of the 3d audio copy active shutter glasses profile as they may be something wrong with that profile let us know how you make out.I also made mine with 8.2.2.5 using audio copy 3d even though my tv uses active shutter glasses and it worked fine also theirs a brand new beta of version 9 soft wear you can try it just came out today.

Comment

Mark i also did a test mkv with the active shutter glasses audio copy profile you used and that also played in both the computer with power dvd 10 and my media player both in dts master sound so i don't think it's a problem with fab soft wear.You can make a short test file by canceling the conversion after a few mins. you don't have to convert the whole movie to see if it will play correctly in your media player.

Comment

HD master audio issues

Thanks very much for the replies. I am assuming that it must be my media player as so many are saying there are no issues. I use the ASUS Oplay Gallery HD media player with a 2TB hard disk. I have tried all the profiles that are an option in the 3d ripper and the same issues appears in all of them. The only time that the sound is ok is when I don't use the HD Master audio and select one if the more standard audio options. Can anyone suggest a media player that fully supports 3d and HD Master Audio? As a side note any blu ray 3d that is 7.1 Master Audio rips and plays on the media player perfectly! I am confused. Regards, Mark

Comment

HD master audio issues

I tried the demo of version 9 and the same issue! Has to be my media player....doesn't it? A standard blu ray rip with HD master audio plays perfectly on the media player ... Just 3d is the issue.

Comment

Mark after looking up your media player specs i found the audio formats supported.Audio : MP3, WAV, AAC, OGG, FLAC, AIFF, Dolby Digital AC3, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS digital Surround, Dolby True HD (Passthrough), Dolby True HD (Decoding),

I don't see Dts hd audio on this list just dts digital surround so it could be this format is unsupported but you said you were able to play a hd Dts regular bluray so maybe this was upgraded in firmware updates so it works now.I researched more and found the following container warning.

Tag ID3Container formats can contains different video, audio codecs – it cannot be guaranteed that all codecs (variations) are supported.

With this in mind try another container such as m2ts audio copy i get very good results with this hd sound and 3d movies.

Micca media players 600g and 900 models play all HD formats and 3d price is good on Amazon.

Comment

Micca 950

Looks like the Micca EP950 is the player I would like to get, however, searching around it looks as if thus might not be available to buy here in the UK? Does anyone know where these are available in the UK? I have checked all the usual "Suspects" like Amazon but only in the USA not the UK site. Ang ideas where I can buy ?? Thanks, Mark

Comment

See if you can buy it from the Micca store at miccastore.com if not look on ebay.
                            Try the m2ts container with your 3d blu ray with Dts hd audio on the media player you have now it could work.You said the Dts master hd audio worked with regular blu ray.Also recheck your hdmi cabels and make sure their 3d ready hi speed or they won't work with 3d and hd audio.Same for your receiver it also must be 3d ready? it must also have the updated hdmi jacks to work with 3d.Also try putting a 50 gig Fab made clone on your media player with Dts master hd sound to see if that will work.

Comment

Media Player 3d

Ok, following on from the 3d and audio issues, I have bought a new media player and it does fully support 3d both ripped as mkv and also ISO.
                              Question is which format should I use to get the best quality, ISO or mkv?
                              Thanks
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X