No announcement yet.

Questions about converting Blurays to playback from computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Questions about converting Blurays to playback from computer

I have a number of Bluray disks that I have acquired over the years and have been trying to rip them to my NAs drive so i can watch them on my computer and my WDTV live box. I have selected Bluray ripper and chosen the format MKV, but I was curious what type of MKV I should choose (there are more options then DVD8) and perhaps how to go into the advanced options to configure the MKV file for best audio/video quality.

Thanks for the help

Carl

Edit: Also, is there a way to rip the bluray so that I also have the directors cometary besides the main audio? Also, if I just choose BD copy, I am left with a folder, can you play the disks from that folder? if so, what is the main file to choose? I'm just trying ot figure out the best way to get the best quality from my disks.

Edit2: in fab8 my BD disks were around 20Gb. Now when I rip them they are only about 2-3Gb. Thoughts?
    Last edited by breadnbutter; 12-26-2012, 04:23 AM.

The WDTV plays the largest m2ts from a BD folder so if your main movie is split into several parts you wont be able to watch it properly. Just convert to MKV keeping all the streams you need and be done with it.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Working...
    X