MKV - setting Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MKV - setting Title

Evening, all (happy holidays!), Sorry this is a pretty lame newb question I'm sure - I've searched on the forums but I seem to be missing the right keywords to get back some relative hits and I'm sure it's been asked a lot before ...

For Blu-ray rip to MKV Remux, is there a magical way to set the Title / in the File Type section (just below your intended File Name)?

In selecting the profile for MKV.remux, it grey's out the option to edit in your own Title.

I didn't worry too much, but in viewing my movies via a LG BP620 (DLNA to a Synology DiskStation), the LG Blu-ray actually lists the movie with the rather ugly title as sourced from the disc; e.g., viewed as THE_THING.Title0.BlueRayRip, even though the filename I gave it was 'The Thing - Blu-ray 1080p DTS-HD Master Audio.mkv'.

I checked from my WD TV Live Hub and it displays in the 'ugly' Title name, too.

The added negative is that it takes the movie out of the balance of the alphabetical sorting; i.e., the 'ugly' title name won't be anywhere near a similar listing that can be browsed as you'd expected for 'The Thing (2011)'.

Sorry again for the I'm sure repetitive question, and if nothing else, perhaps someone can just direct me to a previous post that probably answers the question.

Thanks all!

Use MKVToolnix MKVMerge component and use the header editor to modify this. Very easy, no remuxing.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Tres sweet ... already had MKVToolnix installed (was trying to resuscitate some MKVs that won't play on either my WD TV Live or the LG BP620.

Just as you said - header editor - bang, done!

THANKS MEGA MUCH !!! Happy, happy - joy, joy.

Comment

Working...
      X