2-pass encoding causes crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 2-pass encoding causes crash

This applies to both DVDFab 8.x and 9.x.

I can rip any BD title with any settings, but if I select 2-pass video for improved image quality, the DVDFab application ALWAYS crashes within a few seconds after the ripping process started.

I have no idea what is causing this.

Thankful for ideas, input or feedback.

/DeLorean

BTW: I have an Acer V3-571G running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64, modified with an internal Sony Optiarc BD-5750H Blu-ray writer.
    The rest of the specs seen here: http://www.acer.dk/ac/da/DK/content/...t/NX.RZNED.014

Hi DeLorean
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

The Fab team has confirmed that there is a bug in the 3D format and 3D device with 2 pass, maybe this is also a bug in the ripper also.
    I do not know for sure though.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs

Logs attached. Sorry, I should've done that from the start.

/DeLorean
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi DeLorean
        Please disable Cuda and set all A/V codes to software in Fab settings.
        2 pass has always been hit or miss, so I suggest using 1 pass, as you will never be able to see a difference between the two.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Dual graphics

Thank you, CBR929!
          I'll do some further testing. I'll also disable switchable graphics (NVIDIA GeForce GT 640) in BIOS and force it to only use the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 to see if it makes a difference.
          BBL
          /DeLorean

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
            Thank you, CBR929!
            I'll do some further testing. I'll also disable switchable graphics (NVIDIA GeForce GT 640) in BIOS and force it to only use the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 to see if it makes a difference.
            BBL
            /DeLorean
            Hi DeLorean
            You do not need to disable the GPU in the Bios, only in Fabs settings.
            CBR929

Comment

1-pass sw

Disabled GPU in DVDFab 9.0.1.8 and ran 1-pass.
              No crash, but awful AV sync problem. I had that before too. Just thought, I'd take one issue at a time.
              Attached Files

Comment

2-pass sw

Exact same settings, except 2-pass... CRASH :-(
                I fail to agree, that 1-pass is sufficient, but thanks anyway.

With 1-pass and bad sync, I'll be forced to look for another software to do the job. Really sad, because DVDFab wasn't cheap.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DeLorean; 01-07-2013, 09:03 AM. Reason: Added logs

Comment

Profile that work

No 2-pass video ever worked for me on the Nexus 7 profile, but with mkv.h264.aac, I succeeded! I first tried with AC3, but my Motorola Xoom 2 tablet couldn't play back the Dolby audio.

Now I'm happy again! :-) Yay! Good for me!

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
                    Disabled GPU in DVDFab 9.0.1.8 and ran 1-pass.
                    No crash, but awful AV sync problem. I had that before too. Just thought, I'd take one issue at a time.
                    I had the same problem with audio synch and DVD Fab wrote back to me to go into settings (the gear at the top) and disable all GPU acceleration in Settings->A/V Codec. That seemed to do the trick. Also i set the frames per second all the time to 29 and everything seems to come out super clear.

Comment

Working...
                    X