9.0.2.2 vs 8.1.3.2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 9.0.2.2 vs 8.1.3.2.

I can under stand the need for the new whizzy interface on version 9 for basic tasks. However it's a real PITA for DVD ripping.

1. It has no queue window so you cannot manage the jobs in the Queue, specifically bit rate video size etc..

2. it's MUCH slower to do the ripping and doesn't seem to do any better job

To give an example, with a like for like DVD .ISO files (ripped to xvid .avi mp3). single pass encode at exactly the same DVD Fab settings.

8.1.3.2 = 370 fps
    9.0.2.2 = 287 fps

CPU usage in Win8 task manager was 70% using 8.3.2.2 vs 90% with 9.0.2.2
    memory usage was 247mb in 8.3.2.2 vs 520mb in 9.0.2.2

Now anyone ripping pretty much knows what they are doing and the new interface makes it very slow to quickly set up a large queue of files to rip and to check and ensure all the settings are going to be OK. Version 9 is pretty much unusable for this type of task. It performs so badly compared to the earlier version I tested, that something must be wrong in the coding?

Agree

I agree to davecuk. I am ripping my whole collection and i was getting used to do it with DVDFab 8.x. It has some drawbacks (e.g. i cannot save the original size of the video as default, i have to change this for every single title) but it works if you know how to bypass the drawbacks.

With version 9 there seems to be the focus on other parts of the program. Ripping is really PITA as davecuk mentioned. I try nearly every new version that comes out, but it doesn't get really better regarding ripping.

In the new Version (9.0.2.6) there are still many problems:
    - subpictures can only be rendered as separate files (idx/sub) when ripping to m2ts
    - the title of the tracks is taken or not ... i don't see any logic that can say when it is taken and when not
    - the settings of cropping and size are not saved to the default profile so it has always to be adjusted

i still hope, it is an early release and it gets better over time.

Comment

It's called a Work in Progress, nothing is perfect, but it will get better.

Comment

Working...
      X