mkv custom filesize compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) mkv custom filesize compression

I have been using dvdfab 8 to compress all of my movies to approximately 4GB each. On the filesize option under the bd ripper I always type in either 4011MB or 4001MB and the program for some reason automatically adjusts that to 4000MB, which is fine (though I am curious why it changes the reading at), the resulting files come out as approximately 3.85GB.

I have tried to start using dvdfab 9, and when trying to do custom filesize I have to type in some obscure amount like 5233MB or something around that to have the box read 4000MB. The file created end up being about 4.6GB, which is definitely not right.

My settings I use:
    -mkv.h264.ac3
    -200% volume
    -the best available non-pcm english audio track
    -up to two english subtitle tracks

I have attached the logs from my attempt on dvdfab 9 and a dvdfab 8 log that is currently running a ripping session.
    Attached Files

I almost forgot to add that also there is no way to change the title or filename in version 9 either so when I copy it it shows up as "movie.title***" in VLC media player and there is no way to change it.

Comment

You should update to 9.0.2.2 first thing.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by BigDanT2003 View Post
        I almost forgot to add that also there is no way to change the title or filename in version 9 either so when I copy it it shows up as "movie.title***" in VLC media player and there is no way to change it.
        You can easily modify this "title" afterwards by using the Matroska Merge GUI.

Comment

@ BigDanT2003 and Dark$oul71,

As 90312 said, please update to 9022 first, you could modify the file title in 9022, see the attached screenshot.

@ BigDanT2003, the actual outputted file size is bigger than the setting size, it's a error in Fab9.
          Sorry for this to trouble you!

Thanks!

Wilson
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-25-2013, 01:57 AM.
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X