Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 9022 and others

O/K I am stumped.
    Converting from blu ray to mkv. The problem is the subtitles. If I play the ripped file back in fab media player, the subtitles will show on screen , but if I playback via usb through my sony BDP S380 BLU RAY PLAYER - the subs do not appear.! What am I doing wrong,? or do I need a streamer thing? I have spent hours and hours trying all the different settings but it does not make any difference. even downloaded a different converter, but that does not work either.
    HELP!

It means that your Sony is a piece of crap and you need a decent media player or you need to RTFM on your Sony.

The subs are obviously being encoded OK.

Most of us here would not take Sony stuff even if given it.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you, thats a very succinct reply. Can you elaborate a bit please?

Comment

As I said, you have proved that the file is being produced correctly. The deficiency is in your playing hardware.

A lot of US users on this forum have bought the Pivos AIOS media player which has none of these problems.

I, and a lot of others on this forum, will not buy Sony products anymore because of their fetish on copied media such as the Cinivia virus.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GREGIBOY
          Thanks for the help and advice,you are ,as usual right. Unluckily for
          me the PIVOS AIOS is not available here in the UK, so I have ordered
          the WESTERN Digital TV Live Media Streamer as it seems to play
          everything, if you can believe the reviews.

Comment

You should have also looked at the set top box becoming available from DVD Fab. Specs look good and I will have one for testing/support purposes as soon as available and will make further comments then.

Sorry I didn't mention it earlier!

Comment

Working...
            X