X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Custom Settings Not Working - Zune Profile

Hi Folks,

There still seems to be an issue with output size on the custom settings in the zune profile. I have repeatedly tried setting the custom output size to around 450 MB, but the actual output size is nowhere close. On my most recent attempt, the end product was over 3 GB in size.

Anyone know if this is a bug or if there might be something I'm missing? It always worked fine in earlier versions!

Thanks!

S_I

You've provided no useful information so that's probably how much help you're going to get!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

90312-You've provided no useful information so that's probably how much help you're going to get!
      That's a hell of a statement coming from a Moderator to a new user with only 7 posts how about being a little more helpful and asking the new user to post his log files and to look for them in the fab program files then cut and paste the last file in the log as it's the newest.We all were new user's to the forum at one time.
      Last edited by glenns; 02-11-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Even new members can read the stickies and provide the required information to receive help.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

I have tried with zume.wmv profile and set the output size is 450, the actual size is almost 430MB, not 3GB.

See the screenshot.
          Please update to 9026 and have a try. If still reproduced please give us the details of your profile setting and post your log.

Wilson
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 02-19-2013, 04:58 AM.
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            Even new members can read the stickies and provide the required information to receive help.
            As a moderator you should be more willing to read the actual post I put up. I have read numerous threads in which the logs were provided and there are rarely any helpful solutions. In fact, it usually appears that someone says "post your log" and then disappears.

My question, for any member or nice moderator who would care to respond, is, "Anyone know if this is a bug or if there might be something I'm missing?"

As a nice person, a patient response might be - "No - I haven't seen any reports of a bug like this, you might be missing something. Go ahead and post your logs and I will take a look."

Nice place to come for help.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
              Hi,

I have tried with zume.wmv profile and set the output size is 450, the actual size is almost 430MB, not 3GB.

See the screenshot.
              Please update to 9026 and have a try. If still reproduced please give us the details of your profile setting and post your log.

Wilson
              Thank you Wilson! I hadn't updated to 9026 since it was still listed as Beta. The size seems to be better with that version. Now I just need to get my audio in sync!

I guess it might have been a bug (in case any moderator would care to know about it for future questions).

Comment

It worked for me and it worked for Wilson.Wang who is a DVDFab staff member so it's not a bug. You won't post your log like both Wilson and I have asked so we may never know what went wrong.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  You've provided no useful information so that's probably how much help you're going to get!
                  This doesn't look like a question to me.

All I asked was if there might be a bug related to that problem. I don't have the log to share - I recently reformatted my entire system, for unrelated reasons, and don't have that data anymore. Nonetheless, my question was aimed at finding out if I might need to work on the process or if there might be a known bug that others were already aware of.

Wilson.Wang's solution worked for me. I upgraded to the latest version and the problem went away. His response was not only nicer, but much more helpful and did not require any log.

You provided a somewhat rude response (at least two of us seemed to think so). Not once did you "ask" for my log, you just posted a condescending comment.

I wasn't trying to cause any trouble and thought I could just get some quick info to guide my work into finding a solution. Turns out I could - too bad it wasn't from you. I apologize for any frustration I may have caused.

Comment

I'm tired of this. Your problem is solved this thread is closed!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X