This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound using DVD to AVI

I am using the trial version 6.2.0.5 of DVD to Mobile on Windows Vista 64 bit Dell Studio 17. I have had success creating AVI files and they play with great video quality. However, I am not getting any audio when using the "generic.avi.divx.audiocopy" profile. Am I doing something wrong or using the wrong settings? I only want to record the actual movie portion of the DVD to a portable hard drive to use as a media center. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can you post the info listed in the Help Us Help You: DVD/File to Mobile Option and then someone can actually help you with this problem

Comment

I didn't get any errors when using. Here is the cropped internal log.

DVDFab 6.2.0.5 (2009/12/16 15:07:31)

0m 30.28s: detected dvd
      0m 30.31s: drive D
      0m 30.31s: video dvd 1
      0m 30.31s: volume label HIT_AND_RUN
      1m 59.71s: got copyright 1 fe
      2m 00.18s: got udf/iso
      2m 01.07s: got discinfo
      2m 12.13s: got dvdinfo
      29m 48.88s: detected dvd
      29m 48.91s: drive D
      29m 48.91s: video dvd 1
      29m 48.91s: volume label ONE_MISSED_CALL
      29m 54.05s: got copyright 1 fe
      29m 54.54s: got udf/iso
      29m 55.38s: got discinfo
      30m 07.35s: got dvdinfo
      57m 33.06s: detected dvd
      57m 33.11s: drive D
      57m 33.11s: video dvd 1
      57m 33.11s: volume label THEHAUNTINGOFMOLLYHARTLEY
      58m 55.59s: got copyright 1 fe
      58m 56.07s: got udf/iso
      58m 57.04s: got discinfo
      59m 13.09s: got dvdinfo

Comment

How are you doing the mobile conversion? Is it straight from the original DVD in the DVD Drive?

Comment

Yes. Using the DVD to Mobile with "to AVI" selection straight from the DVD.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok try saving main movie to hard drive file first with DVD to DVD and then use that file to convert to the mobile conversion you want. The last time I tried I think I used the default generic but I am trying the default avi selection now to see if I get same problem as you. I am doing a conversion straight from the DVD and that DVD is Transformers 2

Comment

Don't know what happened but DVDFab crashed on me but then I am multitasking right now so I will try this later tonight when I am not doing anything else on my computer. We will get this working for you soon also Gregiboy will probably get you up and running when he is online again since he does these conversions more than I do

Comment

OK. I tried the DVD to Main Movie option. It created several files which I am showing in the attached screenshot. Then I tried using the File to Mobile option and it scans the folder. I got errors on 3 of the 5 VOB files. The first and last go into the queue. The error says "Failed to open C:\Users\.........\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_02.VOB. File is unsupported." and then the same error for the VTS_01_03.VOB and VTS_01_04.VOB files. So I get the first 20 minutes and the last 5 minutes of the movie. After it creates the AVI files I also have separate files. Isn't there a way to create a single AVI file for the whole movie? By the way I can play the VOB files and get audio, but once the files are converted to AVI there is no more audio.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by siskjam68 View Post
                  OK. I tried the DVD to Main Movie option. It created several files which I am showing in the attached screenshot. Then I tried using the File to Mobile option and it scans the folder. I got errors on 3 of the 5 VOB files. The first and last go into the queue. The error says "Failed to open C:\Users\.........\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_02.VOB. File is unsupported." and then the same error for the VTS_01_03.VOB and VTS_01_04.VOB files. So I get the first 20 minutes and the last 5 minutes of the movie. After it creates the AVI files I also have separate files. Isn't there a way to create a single AVI file for the whole movie? By the way I can play the VOB files and get audio, but once the files are converted to AVI there is no more audio.
                  You do not need to do file to mobile for those vob files as you just need to select a setting in DVD to Mobile and in source you select the yellow folder to the right. Then you select the vob file you saved earlier as the source and continue like you would if the original DVD was in the DVD drive. Check out the screenshot I attached of where to select for the folder you just saved that I highlighted for you
                  Attached Files

Comment

As AGJ said, I use this all the time.

Firstly, have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread (Link in my sig below) so that you are getting the procedure right.

Secondly, the cause of having no audio is most probably caused by not having a 5.1 decoder filter installed on your PC.

You can remedy this easily by downloading and installing FFDSHOW and AC3 Filter codecs. Just google them.
                    Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-17-2009, 10:52 PM.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks to you both, AGJ and GregiBoy. To you AGJ for trying to help me in the wee hours of the morning, and to you GregiBoy for all your vast knowledge. It helps to read your posts before just experimenting on your own and getting frustrated. (Newbie mistake, sorry)

Regardless, it is working just fine now that I have the proper codecs. The software is excellent by the way, and I was determined to get it to work right, and refused to try another. I will be purchasing and recommending to friends.

Thanks again,
                      J

Comment

thanks for letting us know you have it working now

Comment

Working...
                        X