Audio drops off last 20-30 seconds of video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Audio drops off last 20-30 seconds of video

I am having a problem with the audio track dropping the last 20-30 seconds of MOST EVERY video that I rip. This problems seems to happen only when ripping television series DVD's (using DVD Ripper) or when converting video files to a different format (using Video Converter), it does not seem to happen when ripping Blu-ray discs.

Once in a while the the resulting rip will have audio all the way to the end of the video, but more often than not the audio drops out roughly 20-30 seconds before the end of the video. It is not a sync issue as the audio is in perfect sync with the video all the way to the end (untill it drops out). All of my video conversions (using the Video Converter function) have this issue.

I have been using 8.2.2.7 (but have tried 9.0.2.6 but stopped because of other issues) to rip DVD's to an MP4 container with AVC video and AAC audio.

I have unchecked both of the CPU fuctions (Turbo mode and Lighning Recode) but this has not helped. I have the encoding options set up to use CUDA and CUDA/Software where applicable.

My system is,

Intel Core i7-2600 w/32GB Ram
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    WD Caviar Black HDDs
    Two EVGA GTX580 3GB in SLI
    Antec HCP-1200 1200 watt PSU

Has anyone else had these problems or know what could be causing it and how to fix it??

EDIT: Just tried it with 9.0.2.6 and same thing is happening.

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Last edited by slpopp; 02-18-2013, 07:50 PM.

O.K.... Think I found the problem!!!!!!

O.K.....

I think I figured out what was causing my problem. I completely disabled all GPU decoding/encoding options and the audio dropout problem went away; only problem was it takes way too long to rip discs this way. I set all the encoding/decoding options to CUDA / Software + CUDA except the MPEG2 decode I left set at Software. Everything is working fine now, I even turned the "Turbo CPU" function back on but left the Lightning Recode option turned off.

It seems that setting MPEG2 decoding to CUDA was SOMEHOW causing the audio to dropout.

This is why DVD's (MPEG2 video) exhibited the problem and Blu-rays did not.

I tried this in both v8 and v9 and got the same results (with 10+ DVD's each that were causing the original problem).

Why would changing MPEG2 decoding from Software to CUDA cause this???

Steve

Comment

Poor implementation of CUDA by the card manufacturer.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Poor implementation of CUDA by the card manufacturer.
        I have other video software that uses CUDA and they work just fine. The video looks great, but the audio drops out - like it's not being rendered into the video. This seems more like a DVDFab software problem than a CUDA/card problem.

Comment

Do you use the other software for exactly the same process?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X