MKV Passthrough is now worthless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper MKV Passthrough is now worthless

50 DVD's latter I just found out the audio is out of sync on all of them. I guess I am the fool for trusting DVDFab to work.

I was having problems with version 8+ crashing when selecting an option button. Version 9 seemed to work fine until you actually try to use the rip you just did.

The audio is off seconds to a minute from the video. This has happened on 2 computers with CUDA on and OFF.

In version 8 i was using Remux which is guess is Passthrough.

If I encoded the video MKV/H264/AAC 1/2 of the rips have audio sync problem.

These are older movies also, from Disney to City of Angels, to Arnolds Conan the Barbarian.

I guess I will just sit on my tail doing nothing with this program until they fix it.

Nice first post! I understand your frustration but ranting won't help and won't be tolerated in future posts.

I've reported this issue and it has been verified.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Understood

Understood

Comment

Any Progress on repairing MKV passthrough?

Since I am not "ranting" this post should not be a problem.

Does anybody have any idea when the DVDFab MKV Passthrough with correct audio sync will be fixed?

It has now been several weeks since the problem first appeared. From all the other post there appears to be something that gone wrong with BluRay also.

I am patiently waiting for my lifetime membership of the program I really like to get fixed so I can start backing up my DVD library to HD.

Comment

Which version of DVDfab

I'm using DVDfab8 and don't have any problems with audio sync on MKV when ripping Bluray discs with passthrough audio

Comment

I tried version 8 and movies that won't sync with V9 won't with V8 either. m2ts works fine for me on those movies and play nice with my media player.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Using DVDRip and Not BlurayRip Nick.

"Nik_Simpson"
              "I'm using DVDfab8 and don't have any problems with audio sync on MKV when ripping Bluray discs with passthrough audio"

Nik are you using MKV Remux?

I have tried with the last 2 versions of 8 and all versions of 9. I do not have a computer Bluray player/recorder so I have only been using DVDRip.

Most of the 50 movies were older DVD's with lots of Disney animation thrown in.

Since others have this or similar problems I am sure the developers are working on a fix.

Since my goal is to backup my DVD collection to HD HTC, I can wait till it works.

Comment

Originally posted by edbrackin View Post
                "Nik_Simpson"
                "I'm using DVDfab8 and don't have any problems with audio sync on MKV when ripping Bluray discs with passthrough audio"

Nik are you using MKV Remux?

I have tried with the last 2 versions of 8 and all versions of 9. I do not have a computer Bluray player/recorder so I have only been using DVDRip.

Most of the 50 movies were older DVD's with lots of Disney animation thrown in.

Since others have this or similar problems I am sure the developers are working on a fix.

Since my goal is to backup my DVD collection to HD HTC, I can wait till it works.
                No, I use MKV with audiocopy so the video component is compressed, but the audio is unchanged.

Comment

I tried m2ts

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  I tried version 8 and movies that won't sync with V9 won't with V8 either. m2ts works fine for me on those movies and play nice with my media player.
                  I have now tried M2TS on 2 computers. This almost works for me. I have set the video quality to high. I increased the audio rate to 512K+. I turned all CUDA off.

The audio and video are now in sync. The video quality is very good.

But, I am now getting a a crackling noise in some of the audio. It sounds the same as if you have a "blown" speaker and are listening to it.

I did notice the same thing on MKV with one or two movies.

I have tried 2 older movies on the 2 computers (Galaxy Quest, and Arnolds Conan the Barbarian), it is the same on both.

The noise is not constantly but frequently during parts where the volume increases or there is lots of bass.

Has anyone else had this issue of crackling audio, and a solution?

Comment

You might try cutting that audio bit rate down, try one at about half and see if it improves. I use the audiocopy profile and pass thru the DTS and it seems to work ok = no change to the audio.
                    Last edited by 90312; 03-13-2013, 06:57 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X